Bugbyte Forums

Full Version: is there plans for a "sandbox" mode? please? :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my favorite things to do in this type of game is just build.  To that affect, is a sandbox mode maybe in the works?  Something that would have little to no attacks or whatever?  This would be awesome!  Thanks!
We should be able to implement something like that at some point =) There is already an unofficial mod that enables a lot of resources in the starting sector. More info on that can be found at our
Discord server:

http://discord.gg/spacehaven
Awesome, thanks!
I wold call that a creative mode.
I was looking at the sandbox option in the custom settings, hoping it would make the game feel a bit less rail-roady and more open, but I hope it is not some kind of god-mode.

What does that option do?

BTW - I love this game after 50 hours - feels like the situations are genuinely emergent from the sim universe rather then just contrived to produce grind (like so many other games) That is important and a great achievement.

*edit* I just found this post

https://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=601

Which explains that it adds a sandbox category to the build menu.
I am a kind of rogue-like type player so not my thing, definitely handy to prototype ships and get used to creating though.
(06-12-2020, 05:50 PM)deMangler Wrote: [ -> ]I wold call that a creative mode.
I was looking at the sandbox option in the custom settings, hoping it would make the game feel a bit less rail-roady and more open, but I hope it is not some kind of god-mode.

What does that option do?

BTW - I love this game after 50 hours  - feels like the situations are genuinely emergent from the sim universe rather then just contrived to produce grind (like so many other games) That is important and a great achievement.

*edit*  I just found this post

https://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=601

Which explains that it adds a sandbox category to the build menu.
I am a kind of rogue-like type player so not my thing, definitely handy to prototype ships and get used to creating though.

From what I understand in other games, it simply means typically more starting resources, and less emphasis on missions/events, and just lets you build.
Yep agreed - especially in multiplayer.
That kind of sandbox makes a lot of sense in this game. I love experimenting with how different configurations have unexpected yet entirely consistent dynamic effects.
The game has a type of sandbox mode, which can be enabled in game customization (Select difficulty menu).

It will enable a category in the build menu, allowing you to spawn resources at will etc.
(06-15-2020, 01:13 PM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: [ -> ]The game has a type of sandbox mode, which can be enabled in game customization (Select difficulty menu).

It will enable a category in the build menu, allowing you to spawn resources at will etc.

Awesome!  I'll look for it.  Big Grin