Bugbyte Forums
Call to arms! - Printable Version

+- Bugbyte Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums)
+-- Forum: Battlevoid Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Battlevoid: Sector Siege (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Call to arms! (/showthread.php?tid=368)

Pages: 1 2 3

Call to arms! - AdmiralGeezer - 10-20-2017

This is a call for help from you, our community member.

Battlevoid: Sector Siege will be released October 25th on Steam, Google Play and Apple App Store

During our whole game development career we have struggled to get visibility for our games. This is a problem many game developers face, it is extremely hard to to get noticed. Once again we have sent out a ton of press releases with Steam keys to various web sites and Youtubers, hoping for someone to pick it up and give the game a try. Getting featured on Apple or Google is equally as hard, if not harder. The big game studios and notable games get featured over and over again. Not to bash Apple or Google here, it's easy to understand, these big games make the most money. It makes sense. Unfortunately the same goes for F2P vs premium, taking a look at featured games shows how the ratio is skewed towards F2P games.

Here's the truth: We face a worrying amount of silence from all parties right now. Trying our best to ensure the game would be in a bug free state left us with very little time to market the game  We were probably out too late... Our game release clashing with Halloween sales and featuring, where big studios and games will capture all the spots is probably going to make things that much harder for us.

We still have a chance. That chance is our community, it's you. Over the years we have managed to build up a small but feisty fan base, giving us feedback and helping us create better games. A long time ago we realized that our community is number one, listening and reacting to their wishes as best as we can would help us stay in this volatile business. It doesn't matter if you have been with us for a short or a long time, we welcome you and will try our best to listen to you.

[Image: rh84gdL.jpg]

So how does a successful game release look like? We need to create a snow ball effect. Small things lead to big things. A successful game release looks like this:
  • Many players purchase the game in rapid fashion on the first day
  • The game will rise on Steam, Apple and Google top selling lists
  • Thanks to being visible in the top lists, more players will see the game and buy.
  • We can now use this as leverage to better attract interest from Youtubers, gaming sites and the stores themselves for featuring, resulting in even more visibility!

What do we need from you?
  • If you are at all interested in purchasing Sector Siege on one or many platforms, jump on it immediately on Wednesday October 25th. The game will be available on Apple and Google around 2am PDT, and around 9am PDT on Steam. Together we can make the game rise on the lists and fight for visibility against all the other games.
  • To make this more appealing, we will discount the game by 20% on Steam making the price $8, while the game will only cost around $4.99 on mobile depending on where you live.
  • I will personally also be doing an iAMA on Reddit on Wednesday around 9am PDT, pop in and say hi!

Ok, Bugbyte. You need help, that's cool and all. How do we benefit from all of this?
  • Our simple goal is to be able to continue developing games. Funds we get from game sales are used to feed ourselves, create new games, and make updates to existing games! The more funds we get the better we can listen and try to fulfill your wishes regarding all of our games. It will affect how many times we can update Sector Siege after release, it will affect how much funds we can pour into Space Haven and make it the best it can be.

[Image: kgmOBmz.jpg]

This is Admiral Geezer, and I hope you are with us come October 25th. Let's do this together!

Sign up to Bugbyte community to know first hand when the game is out (We do not spam):

RE: Call to arms! - Disprezzi - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 11:14 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote:

This is a call for help from you, our community member.

Battlevoid: Sector Siege will be released October 25th on Steam, Google Play and Apple App Store

During our whole game development career we have struggled to get visibility for our games. This is a problem many game developers face, it is extremely hard to to get noticed. Once again we have sent out a ton of press releases with Steam keys to various web sites and Youtubers, hoping for someone to pick it up and give the game a try. Getting featured on Apple or Google is equally as hard, if not harder. The big game studios and notable games get featured over and over again. Not to bash Apple or Google here, it's easy to understand, these big games make the most money. It makes sense. Unfortunately the same goes for F2P vs premium, taking a look at featured games shows how the ratio is skewed towards F2P games.

Here's the truth: We face a worrying amount of silence from all parties right now. Trying our best to ensure the game would be in a bug free state left us with very little time to market the game  We were probably out too late... Our game release clashing with Halloween sales and featuring, where big studios and games will capture all the spots is probably going to make things that much harder for us.

We still have a chance. That chance is our community, it's you. Over the years we have managed to build up a small but feisty fan base, giving us feedback and helping us create better games. A long time ago we realized that our community is number one, listening and reacting to their wishes as best as we can would help us stay in this volatile business. It doesn't matter if you have been with us for a short or a long time, we welcome you and will try our best to listen to you.

[Image: rh84gdL.jpg]

So how does a successful game release look like? We need to create a snow ball effect. Small things lead to big things. A successful game release looks like this:
  • Many players purchase the game in rapid fashion on the first day
  • The game will rise on Steam, Apple and Google top selling lists
  • Thanks to being visible in the top lists, more players will see the game and buy.
  • We can now use this as leverage to better attract interest from Youtubers, gaming sites and the stores themselves for featuring, resulting in even more visibility!

What do we need from you?
  • If you are at all interested in purchasing Sector Siege on one or many platforms, jump on it immediately on Wednesday October 25th. The game will be available on Apple and Google around 2am PDT, and around 9am PDT on Steam. Together we can make the game rise on the lists and fight for visibility against all the other games.
  • To make this more appealing, we will discount the game by 20% on Steam making the price $8, while the game will only cost around $4.99 on mobile depending on where you live.
  • I will personally also be doing an iAMA on Reddit on Wednesday around 9am PDT, pop in and say hi!

Ok, Bugbyte. You need help, that's cool and all. How do we benefit from all of this?
  • Our simple goal is to be able to continue developing games. Funds we get from game sales are used to feed ourselves, create new games, and make updates to existing games! The more funds we get the better we can listen and try to fulfill your wishes regarding all of our games. It will affect how many times we can update Sector Siege after release, it will affect how much funds we can pour into Space Haven and make it the best it can be.

[Image: kgmOBmz.jpg]

This is Admiral Geezer, and I hope you are with us come October 25th. Let's do this together!

When the game goes live I'll post it to Reddit android and gaming forums to help boost visibility

RE: Call to arms! - AdmiralGeezer - 10-20-2017

@Disprezzi.

We would appreciate that so much! Thank you. I gave my life and heart to create this game for over a year. I will do my best to evolve the game further according to feedback after release.

RE: Call to arms! - Sunburn22 - 10-20-2017

Don't you guys worry, I'll post it to every social media site I have! Been loving your games so far so I will be for sure, supporting you guys.

RE: Call to arms! - drages - 10-20-2017

If the game is good enough, it will take attention. There is many examples out there.

Sadly, it's not mod friendly and you lost a huge opportunity to have star wars and star trek mods possibilities. I know you did not have much time to add modding but if you ask me, you should start with this idea at first place.. nevermind..

Android and Apple stores are always full of "free to play" games.. i never can find a paid game at android at first pages. Maybe you could make it free to play and with some micro to only speed up things like extra resources.. Yeah i hate that kind of games too but if it's single player game and it's balanced, i am ok with it.

Battlevoid is my most player game at android, so i will buy this for my phone for sure. If it's rich enough and balanced enough, i will get it for pc.

RE: Call to arms! - Farwest - 10-20-2017

I agree with drages, modding is very important, many people will buy or suggest Sector Siege in order to Mod it to Warhammer 40k, Starwars, Star Trek, etc.. I am sure, there will be so many new Races, Items will appear and if you can add those mods into Mobile (Mobile Player chooses and downloads compatible ones from an ingame screen), this game will develop itself and build its own followers. (People even won't be looking for if you added new Races or Weapons, but they will know that some community user will add, therefore they will just need you to create new Battlevoid titles with new features, so you can focus to other areas as a developer)

Also if you can make Multiplayer (Fighting your Star Fleets against others') would be a great addition, we should consider that many people buy a game for multiplayer especially to play against a friend or others, so they can opportunity show fleet they built to others (or see their fleet destroyed which they were thinking unbeatable). And it won't be difficult for you to create new Guns, Items, therefore people can try to grind the items inside the game in order to find certain items and use them in their fleet then show his/her superiority in multiplayer matches?

RE: Call to arms! - pdinc - 10-20-2017

Doesnt Google Play now have an option to preorder? Would that help boost day 1 visibility?

RE: Call to arms! - Barons - 10-20-2017

Hey Bug byte,

Any chance you can send out another mailing list mail on the 25th to remind folks to go buy... the would be particularly helpful so I remember. =)

I actually really love how you guys run your mailing list. I read all the mails you guys send and usually visit the forums to check up on things when I get them. So many other companies seem to think sending me a bazillion mails with make me buy stuff instead of just unsubscribing. 

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to try buy the game!

RE: Call to arms! - AdmiralGeezer - 10-20-2017

@Barons. Absolutely, we will! We try to keep our mails at a pace such that they do not irritate, and contain meaningful information.
We will send out a mail and information to all possible channels we have on Wednesday.

@pdinc. I checked a bit and seems there is a pre-order, it works as a notification mail I presume. I don't think our game is listed in Google Play yet though. Anyway, in the end sales matter for the stores. So whichever way they come Google and all other stores will appreciate those the most!

RE: Call to arms! - elvenstranger - 10-20-2017

Launching a few days before payday!

I'll get the Steam version and spread the word, I got a lot of friends interested in Harbinger too.

I'll get the Android version asap, will they have cross platform play again?  That was a seriously awesome feature  Smile