Future Ideas?

Just letting my mind run wild here;
So we have a lot of features for interior design of the ship but they're still just blocks externally, would it ever be planned to have external design that allows players to customise their ship on the outside to actually look like a ship? You could even put uses onto random designs such as having armour pieces or maybe satellites that increase communications, maybe even solar panels to harness power from the various stars in each system. Furthermore, (although this may play with internal weapons designs also) you could have turrets that poke out the sides of your ship rather than out the top.

Additionally, clearly you can expand the hull horizontally to make them look huge, but its all one floor. Would it ever be plausible (albeit time consuming im sure) to allow hull expansions vertically? This could open up a lot more opportunities for the player to make their ideal ship whether it its an intangible mass of bits and blobs all over, a mothership from the Homeworld series or the flat ships this game offers. It could allow for better organisation as i know i would format a ship to have engines at the bottom floor, essential systems in the middle where its safest (making combat a more interesting dynamic regarding how you most safely place your constructions) and guns at the top deck. Would these be ideas that could ever be plausible or am i rambling like a madman?

Either way this is very impressive work from such a small dev team. I wish i could help with the development of the game myself! thank you

Messages In This Thread
Future Ideas? - by Vincerutherford123 - 05-15-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Future Ideas? - by AdmiralGeezer - 05-16-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: Future Ideas? - by Akuvar - 05-22-2020, 03:05 PM
RE: Future Ideas? - by Akuvar - 05-22-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: Future Ideas? - by ReaderNo31142 - 05-26-2020, 01:27 PM