question about expandiing the hull

Information 

So I want to expand my hull.  I made some sort of "outline" of where I wanted it built, then used the building menu and managed to turn the design into yellow squares.  Does this mean it's queued?  When will the colonists start building it?  Also, how do I access the new area once built?  I saw several door designs but am not sure how to replace existing walls/hull with a door.  Thanks!

(07-21-2019, 01:22 AM)zoldos Wrote: So I want to expand my hull.  I made some sort of "outline" of where I wanted it built, then used the building menu and managed to turn the design into yellow squares.  Does this mean it's queued?  When will the colonists start building it?  Also, how do I access the new area once built?  I saw several door designs but am not sure how to replace existing walls/hull with a door.  Thanks!

When the build outline is yellow it is queued so should start building when a pod and crew member are available.  To build a internal door you have to place it as you would a wall section, you cannot replace a wall with a door without first removing the wall in my experience
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

(07-21-2019, 08:40 AM)AceRimmer Wrote: When the build outline is yellow it is queued so should start building when a pod and crew member are available.  To build a internal door you have to place it as you would a wall section, you cannot replace a wall with a door without first removing the wall in my experience

Ah excellent.  Will oxygen fill the new area once it is completed, or do I need to put an O2 generator in first?

"Ah excellent.  Will oxygen fill the new area once it is completed, or do I need to put an O2 generator in first?"

Oxygen will flow into the new area, the doors have vents in them that allow gases to pass through, you can also add air vents to the walls so a new O2 generator isn't necessary but do keep an eye on it, larger builds may need additional O2 generators to compensate.

Also remember temperature regulators, the walls are insulators so not as much heat passes through to new rooms.
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Coolness. Thanks for the tips! Big Grin