Your mini game is a nice advertising joke

Seriously? This is the "big" update? A few new ships a few new turrets endless mode? THATS ALL?! This is the "big" content with that you hold out the (android) gamers since for a long time?! What did you have done the last weeks and months, except bringing the game to the pc, you little hobby-weekend-"developers"? You must be stupid if you think that this mini game with its all-the-same-gameplay will succeed in any way.

Well maybe they made a few mistakes here and there , but u have to give it to them that they created quite a one of a kind game , further more they probably don't earn alot from this game , thus meaning they would have day jobs , and thus they probably work on it on weekends like you said. They are a small group so you have to give them some time.

"Seriously? This is the “big” update? A few new ships a few new turrets endless mode? THATS ALL?! This is the “big” content with that you hold out the (android) gamers since for a long time?! What did you have done the last weeks and months, except bringing the game to the pc, you little hobby-weekend-“developers”? You must be stupid if you think that this mini game with its all-the-same-gameplay will succeed in any way."

@Stealthy. You have no idea what you are talking about. None. I'm going to forgive your ignorance, and chalk all of this up to you being angry you don't get more content now.

The Extended Edition content update was done in two parts, we already executed part 1 right before Christmas. We added 3 new races to the game, 1 more galaxy, new ships, new turrets, new drones, many new missions, special sectors like Black holes, Electromagnetic storms and Asteroids. Much of what was promised in the Kickstarter.

Now we are about to bring the rest. The endless mode, around 8 new ships, a couple of new items and new music. We have done all of this, executed part 1 update and part 2 update, + COMPLETELY reworked the game for PC in 4 months. There was a lot we had to do to make the game great on PC, because for a game to be good on PC it has to be a PC game, not a mobile game with mobile buttons.
Therefore we added:
  • Reworked user interface for PC and enhanced graphics.
  • Precise controls, and more precise interface.
  • More complexity to targeting. Targeting individual fighters.
  • Bandboxing and tooltips.

As @DaViylax77 said we don't make enough money on this game to have a sustainable company yet. We do work full-time, but there are only 3 of us. 1 programmer and 1 graphic artist, while I do all of the business, marketing and customer support. When you come here spouting your offensive and ill will words, I don't take that lightly.

Here is something I wrote on Reddit not a long time ago, a post that climbed up to the front page of Reddit, and helped us survive through all the contacts we got from it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3...t_company/

You have no idea how much we work, how I myself get every customer support mail to my phone directly. How I answer them when I'm out jogging in the evenings. How during the past 4 years we haven't had any vacations, how tired we are to be under constant pressure. You have no idea of the pressure to succeed marketing wise, because every decision we make is life or death in this cut throat industry. We already were on the brink of having to close down once, then we released Battlestation: Harbinger (In an incomplete state, because it was our only hope) and were fortunate enough to get just enough to continue on for a short time.

You sit there and wonder why everything takes so long. How about you find out? How about you go to a game development company and stay with them for a couple of weeks. You will realize something, you will realize how grudgingly hard work it is to develop a GOOD game. A game that makes you care enough to come to this forum and write your words in anger. If the game was crap, you wouldn't bother.

I have to go back to work now, there is a lot to do.

"You must be stupid if you think that this mini game with its all-the-same-gameplay will succeed in any way."

Sigh, it was nice waking up to this comment on my birthday.

@AdmiralGeezer
In an incomplete state, because it was our only hope
Is that where the game's tagline comes from?

Also, I hope you have a happy birthday. I've certainly enjoyed the game, and I'm looking forward to Fleet Carriers.

Eagerly awaiting the new content on Android! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Not sure who @Stealthy is, but he is greatly misinformed and a troll. As a developer (although not a game developer), I know how long it takes to make applications...especially desktop applications. I'm sure that game development requires a much greater effort. So my hats off to you Admiral and all the other devs for not giving up and pursuing your passion. Have a happy birthday and take a well deserved day off.

O, and if I may make one request, please add a donate button any future content releases so I can give you all more money Smile

Cheers!

@AdmiralGeezer Naah, don't get into this, it's just attitude. Be confident and sure with what you're doing, especially that you know for yourself that BugByte works very hard and does very much with the good intent and will. Stick to the real *science* and measures, and the real people who is capable of appreciating, do not stick to ranting. In all times, there were people who could simply take a masterpiece, say the MonaLisa picture, and simply burn it, or put in dirt, saying "so what it's just a colored paper and I really only appreciate good beer". As a relationship manager you must be well aware that it is fairly easy to knock anyone down by settling doubt, uncertainty and lowering self-esteem. That being said, there's really no logical / correct answer to such claims as Stealthy says except for "Thank you for your call, you are very important to us Smile". Really. If I have learned something of my life, it's that there are always haters and it is simply impossible to do anything about it. Except for maybe extracting some more stimulus from them. Don't be shy to *use* haters for your own sake Smile

As I already said, I am a game dev myself and I totally understand what are the implications, and with the marketing side of it too. And many people here do understand too.

And also Happy Birthday! Big Grin I think the real meaning of this thread, produced by the reality, is so that we can cast our solutations for the celebration Big Grin

@Stealthy I can understand your disappointment - you really liked the game and wanted to see it being even much much more developed, with more content and new features. And you must be expecting BugByte to be a big company with big amounts of money, just like the ones who do the AAA games, but it is not so. You should be measuring the progress by the real scale. Really, it's just a small team of people aiming to create a unique game experience, maintaining good quality of the product, keeping up with all the marketing stuff and the fan club. If you are not a software developer, then if I were you, I would not dare to measure anything in this situation. I understand, you wanted "Big" to be much bigger than it currently is, but why then not re-phrase your call in a positive tone? Give some useful feedback, enumerate features you'd like to have and such? And Battlestation is a concept that is being developed, still in its infancy stages, why not look to the bright future? The team has a great dedication and vision for the future, why not nourish that instead of hurting what's already there? You don't just kill an orange tree while it's several years old because it can't yet give you a ton of oranges.. why you think it should be any different here? Can you maybe share with us, what *you* have accomplished so that you have a right to speak like you do?

@AdmiralGeezer - not even worth your time to respond man. Haters gonna hate. You've done good work and should be proud of yourself and your team.