Multiplayer

I think that i am the first who has this idea about multiplayer. But let s get to the topic. Multiplayer could make this game really AWESOME. I think that every player will love the multiplayer. You can add some gamemodes, such as defending the battlestation against other players, players vs. players/AI or somehing like that. Maps will be much bigger because normal map will be too small. That is enough for multiplayer i think. But now i do not know what else can i write about it.

My idea for Co-op is like Ender's game, 5 players choose roles, and can select ships within those roles (Support,Capital,Carrier,Destroyer,Artillery,Scout/striker). Of course base game it could be 5 players working together against huge armies as is...(ender's game style still)

Yeah,thats right. Multiplayer can be awesome. But you know,its hard to implement

Would require a lot of work indeed, too much at this point. Sad But hey we are working on a new game, going to show some new cool material soon. Hang on tight!

Multiplayer makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this game.

They are DONE with it pretty much and working on new stuff.  Leave em alone and let them do it without these inane feature requests.

(08-08-2016, 07:38 PM)joe1512 Wrote: Multiplayer makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this game.

They are DONE with it pretty much and working on new stuff.  Leave em alone and let them do it without these inane feature requests.

"Inane"..?  Whatever.  I'll buy "quixotic", but asking for more features is what users of any program do.

Bozobub Wrote:
joe1512 Wrote:Multiplayer makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this game.

"Inane"..?  Whatever.  I'll buy "quixotic", but asking for more features is what users of any program do.

Aww cmon.   I would rather them spend any time that they DO make for the game to be something useful.  A call for multiplayer is not useful in any real sense for this game.
I'd like to see suggestions that have actual merit that inspire the devs to want to make those changes.

For example, I was a champion of having more "clickeys" like the warp.   Certain ship designs could have built-in functions such as turbo-speed, anti-missile burst, damage reflect, just tons of potential.
That is something that is actually doable, confined to only a few ships so that it is easily testable and limits potentially bad interactions with other things.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016, 01:46 AM by Bozobub.)

That's simply what you'd prefer, and is no more or less valid (or "inane") than anyone else's opinion, of course. You should probably also google the definition of "quixotic" ^^' .

Once again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasers of a given product asking for its future "improvement", whether or not anyone believes said request actually will improve anything. That's simply how business and trade works. Nor do requests somehow interfere with the developers; they don't have to honor any given request.