Modding

Are there any Available Modding Tools for This game?? as a modder myself im interested in modding it Complete Overhaul as for me The game is Great. But the way they present was  somewhat not  great (no offense)  ill point it out

1.)Human-Alien War but somehow i never saw human Ships fighting alone against the alien it didnt give us that atmosphere.
2.)Solo Fight- 3 ships faceoff against an Entire invading race 
3.)Missions are meh go here destroy this you are the last hope for mankind side quest for mercs and their ships arent really that good
4.)Not much Audio its really cool if they had one like "Contact Contact Enemy Ships warping in 4 Seconds" this will give us some Dramatic Effects 
5.)Repetitive Grinding well there goes go here wipe them out we need their scraps to buy weapons
6.) Small Map theres like 50 or so Places you can go in a map

that is the limitations of the games that i liked to point out But anyways i really Enjoyed Playing this Game Especially on My Phone kept me up until 2 am at times but the limitations are upsetting as it always seem it is lacking many things but if you can give us the right Modding tools we can mod this game to a greater extent see Mount and Blade,TW franchise,AOE2,RONEE modding keeps game alive so even if you guys are busy making your new game we can make this game enjoyable to be played by everyone who Bought this game and prolongs the gameplay. if you can give us a modding tool or tell us how make a guide? i believe we can improve this

If the developers Read this thank you for reading I hope you can respond.

Greetings!

If we had the time and the money of course we would add modding tools, but we do not have time or money unfortunately. We're a small 3-man team and Harbinger sold enough to keep us alive and make it possible for us to create a new game. But unfortunately Harbinger wasn't a big enough success for us to keep improving the game for a long time. If we would have done that we would be in big trouble right now. We know modding can help sales, but we are confident the tools would not help sales enough to make it a wise decision in the end.

Because of this we could simply not put time into modding tools, it's not something we like to do but we had to move on and start working on new games. Of course we know Harbinger is not perfect, a lot of things could be better. But keep in mind we put almost 2 years of hard work into that game, we did our best.

When we released Harbinger we worked for over 6 months on it improving it according to player feedback. We added a lot of content. But when we saw that adding content did not help sales much we had to make a decision. It's not like we just threw the game out there and did nothing after that.

We have planned and will try to get some modding tools for our upcoming game Space Haven, we hope Space Haven will be a big success that will allow us to develop the game longer than Harbinger.

Hope this explains why we can't add modding tools. Thank you for listening!

If you cant provide modding tools hmm just wanna ask if is the game files too complex to mod without modding tools?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2017, 08:35 AM by AdmiralGeezer.)

Well yes, it would require full access to the source code. Many of the features you listed would require a programmer to do the additions to source code, or bind a tool to make it possible for someone to make some changes, like make it 100 sectors instead of 20 in a map for example.

Binding a tool to do it requires even more work than simply making a change to the source code, since the tool has to make changes to many things. For example, if a modder wants to change a map from 20 to 100 sectors there has to be some reasonable changes to how enemy ships are spread across all those sectors, and how the difficulty ramps up. Otherwise it would be very boring with 1 ship in every sector.

Well now if you take that into account the tool has to make it possible for a modder to change the percentages and the algorithm to spread those enemy ships in a meaningful way. Someone has to write this code, then fix all the bugs that appear when modders start to use it.

This is very time consuming.

So in short: It would require us giving full access to the source code, including our own game engine, which we have built for 5 years now. It's not something we can do.