Is this similar or big improvement to Battlevoid Harbinger?

When I read Steam page of "Battlevoid: Sector Siege", those features are almost exactly same features like we saw in Battlevoid: Harbinger. Only things I find Battlevoid: Sector Siege different are, there are some green/orange/blue bars below Ships and we can build our own ships and board enemy ships. 

Please understand me, I am a customer, representing thousands of similar potential customers. I am writing this in order to fix if there are any additional features which are not mentioned or advertised well, which we are called to help. 

Individually,  I look for more Campaign experience in this next Battlevoid series instead of more ship customizations which previous one already had very successfully. I look for replayability in a game I am going to buy for mobile especially and procedural campaign is the best remedy. Replayability of Harbinger died for me after finishing the Galaxy runs (4,5,8, etc.) several times and encountering same races all the time (maybe you added more races? Please mention). 

(Maybe we and enemy try to capture each other's location in a Galaxy like a Strategy game? or maybe there are more races this time in Battlevoid Sector Siege? Please let us know and in the Steam page also. These are what we are looking for!). 

In summary, please let us know more features and details about what this game has and what Battlevoid Harbinger doesn't have. (If both are similar and Sector Siege is only a small improvement, I fear some customers would continue to stick with Harbinger) 

Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 03:41 PM by AdmiralGeezer.)

I understand what you mean, it's a bit hard to articulate the differences to harbinger while still having the text be good as a general description of the game.

So let me throw some differences of the top of my mind.

One of the main differences to Harbinger is that Harbinger was focused quite a lot on the star map, while Sector Siege is focused on what happens inside a sector. It might take an hour to battle out 1 sector, the star map is much more simple but the sector battle is a lot more fleshed out.
  • Max 10 ships + 8 stations to command in Sector Siege versus 3 ships in Harbinger.
  • Marines added to ships.
  • Boarding feature added, both the player and the AI can board.
  • Capture points added, generating resources.
  • Old and new ships.
  • Turrets are mostly the same. Area of effect added.
  • Fog of war added.
  • Seamless saving and loading added, save and load at any time. Cross-platform save/load support.
  • Ability to capture all enemy units and stations added, and it's possible to start building them once you have one captured.
  • 1 new race, the Guardians added.
  • All alien races may warp in to a fight and attack any other race. This means alien races will be fighting each other too.
  • Skirmish game mode with 2v2 added, you can play with an alien ally.
  • Star map is not randomized, but a lot of the elements inside a sector are randomized. Sector Siege is all about what happens inside a sector, and one sector play can easily take 30-60 min. A campaign has 25 sectors.
  • You can build up the Battlestation.
  • Defense missions added.
  • Skirmish also has defense mission and you can play against endless enemy waves trying to reach a high score.

These are of the top of my head. If you can piece together some nice sentences I may add them to our description of the game! Of course we will try to evolve the game further based on the feedback after release.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 04:10 PM by Farwest.)

Definitely these are great additions! Now my mind is clearer after I learnt these and people who loved Harbinger would surely love Sector Siege more!

Now let's make a comparison here, this is what mentioned as Key Features on Steam:
  • Seamless cross-platform game play
  • Explore new procedurally generated sector maps each playthrough 
  • Superb customization of each unit you build
  • Board enemy ships; and build copies of them
  • Randomly generated events
  • Superb pixel graphics and effects
Generally, it is better to not mention Harbinger in Sector Siege page (treating each as different games will be better for new customers who learn Battlevoid title since Sector Siege).

But it won't hurt if new customers learn, Sector Siege is development over previous solid game (Harbinger). Therefore they can surely expect something better in this title. Thus it will be nice to mention
"A new Race is coming: Guardians"
(or "A new Race is coming to Harbinger Galaxy: Guardians")
Old and New Ships
etc.

By considering your unmentioned Key Features, I suggest this change to previous by breaking "Board enemy ships; and build copies of them" into two:
  • Board enemy ships and be ready to be boarded! 
  • Start building enemy ships as you capture, then use their technology against them!
Regardless of my words or suggestions, there are definitely plenty of Key Features to be added on Steam Description according to your message. Steam Description looks very empty now and your description here buys me.

Also please consider creating the description with pictures like "Everspace" or "Endless Space 2" did. That way, you can better describe Fog of War or building Ships (enemy or player faction alike) or New Race: Guardians, or RTS/Turn Based Galaxy with Resource Generation and Building Ships, Stations, etc. each under seperate titles and described shortly.

It is certain this game will sell awesome with this potential, I believe just it needs to be advertised better and I believe you will do. Please don't worry about fans and support from community, because everybody will support a good/solid game, but we are learning Sector Siege better just now. Therefore Steam/Android/iOS descriptipns should be very precise, highly detailed (without being wordy).

You make valid points! Also I did not think of adding pictures or gifs to the Steam description, I will look into this and try to make some adjustments next week before release!