Battlevoid: Harbinger Feature Requests

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 08:35 AM by AdmiralGeezer.)

Commanders!

Let us know what you want to have in the game here. We will look through everything and the ideas that are most wanted we will try to implement. We cannot implement everything and we have to always look how things affect other things. Your ideas are very welcome so feel free to post them.

Some type of crew management has come in from two commanders so far!

I'd like to suggest a more detailed ship preview. Before you buy a ship (or choose a ship to start the game with) it would be useful if you could see the diagram showing how many weapons, point-defense and support craft in can hold.

My second idea would be to make the ships in your formation stay together better. If you send a fleet in any direction, the fastest ships should travel at the speed of the slowest ship so that the fleet doesn't drop out of formation.

From a commander at Toucharcade: Need more stories driven events/ npc/ trading/ crew mgmt

Faster ships from many commanders! Also: "I love to have trading/'crew mgmt/ allies interaction in possible future updates? Or next battle station series, and it will be a almost complete space adventure."

From Toucharcade:

One of my big ideas is probably adding randomly spawning heavily protected ship that contains good loot but as soon as it spawns there is a chance that when you get there you'll find nothing or the ship will be attacked by the Troglars or pirates.

Might as well add miniguns as one of the main guns into the game this masterpiece.

From Toucharcade:

Love the game so far, but there should be something to increase ships speed. Maybe some module or option to increase ship stats without buying modules and waste slots on your ships. To balance greater speed it would be awesome if you could add some asteroids fields or space debris (like wreckages of really big Titan ships or space stations). Richer environment would be really nice. Black holes that slowly suck your hull or electromagnetic storms that destroy your shields.

Related to the comment above:

Perfect idea.
Or maybe you could assign commanders to the ship that would change the base stats of a ship. Like defense / speed and so forth.

i just picked this game up on a whim as someone shared it on reddit... so far, i really love it - if you want ideas for features, i'll do my best to dream up some things:

>assign commanders to the ship that would change the base stats of a ship.

then perhaps give the commanders upgradeable stats and a point system upon level up.

commander stats could relate to the ship (speed, shield, hull, etc); the various properties of each weapon type/utility (longer range/higher damage cannons, +1 drone production, +1 cannon burst) or relate to the amount of resources you collect/the cost of upgrades (-10% drone upgrade cost)

another request, basically straight out of FTL: is targeting and health of subsystems... so when you select an enemy ship and that targeting ring pops up, you would also see a list of their modules (maybe as an inner or outer ring) and you can target specific ones to disable them.

if your subsystems take damage, their performance would decline, and you could implement some means towards repairing them in real time.

i like the black hole idea, perhaps a gravity gun/tractor beam type weapon would go along nicely with something like that, so you can push/pull enemy ships towards them, and also use it to save your wingman from death by black hole... stars, as well, where if you get too close, you start to lose hull and could ultimately be destroyed by it...

gravity could also effect the trajectory of certain projectiles...

perhaps also, if you're using a carrier class ship - be able to use a tractor beam to just snatch up some of those smaller ships, which you can convert to as your own drones... that'd be like a separate weapon for the drone bay.

faster ships, for sure... they're really quite slow right now, which has it's own strategic merit, but perhaps adding a few faster ships that can respond quick enough to dodge missiles, but also have lower hull strength to compensate.

deployable/destroyable mines...

maybe some with different characteristics: nuke to kill hulls, emp to kill shields, gravity to slow ships, blockade that can stop projectiles and ships, forcing them to go around or destroy it... maybe you could target them like large ships.

+1 for a more fleshed out trading system

side note - your game has been quite well received on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/c...lay_video/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/c...harbinger/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/c...harbinger/

is there any intent for you guys to push feature updates like this? or are you polling features for a sequel?

cheers.