Share your ship

reply to the thread with picture of a ship your proud of.

[Image: EdnTqGd.jpg]

Nicely done! Many others have posted their ship on our Discord server:

https://discord.gg/zx2AN4F

It's totally fine to post here too, but if you find yourself wanting to see some more of what others have been creating then the Discord server has a lot of them already.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2019, 01:21 PM by danzig70.)

Here is my new ships from Scenario 1.

[Image: ship2.jpg] [Image: ship3.jpg] [Image: ship4.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 01:19 AM by Atmus.)

Here's mine!  Not quite done, but when are they ever?

https://i.imgur.com/hhwyZXO.png

Great ships! How much water do you go through with all those gardens? I have a hard enough time keeping up with just three large beds, even with heavy trading. I like your design Atmus with the side pods and multiple engines and power plants.

(06-15-2019, 08:35 PM)danzig70 Wrote: Great ships! How much water do you go through with all those gardens? I have a hard enough time keeping up with just three large beds, even with heavy trading. I like your design Atmus with the side pods and multiple engines and power plants.

I go through it pretty quick. I always buy up all the water that the traders sell, and I manage to keep about 100 water stockpiled. I think that having a bunch of extra bathrooms helps, and I have the gardens set to only plant if there are fewer than 20 items stockpiled. Everyone stays fed, and I have plenty of meat to trade at a high profit.

And thanks! I try to make the ship 'realistic' and I pretend like the engine/mass limit matters. The ship can't actually run with only one power plant any more, unless I turn off the scrappers and such. I finally have enough materials on this run through to build a second large ship, so I might play around with specializing them.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2019, 04:19 AM by danzig70.)

I once bought all the water from one merchant and then later found him dead due to lack of oxygen. His ship was then a derelict and I was able to  salvage his ship. Live and let die, I suppose.  Smile  I try  to leave them at least 5 water now, so I don't feel bad. I will eventually build an agro-ship and a refining ship but coordinating food between ships is a bit tricky. I have had to restart from a saved game after I figured how the automation wants to work.

Yeah, I ran into that while building a second ship. Well, actually I kind of fell asleep while waiting for the construction to finish, haha. Woke up to 10 water left, and the second ship wasn't ready for hyperjump. I guess the time wasn't exactly wasted, since I slept through it... I just hope I remember how I was building that ship when I do it over again.

(06-07-2019, 02:25 AM)subwired Wrote: reply to the thread with picture of a ship your proud of.

Awesome ship!  I just backed this game with alpha access.  I'll post my first ship soon!  Is there an easy way to take a screenshot?

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 01:17 AM by zoldos.)

Here is my very first ship!  I don't think I'm understanding power system mechanics.  Can someone give me some pointers?  Thanks!

[Image: Base%20Profile%20Screenshot%202019.07.20%20-%2019.32.01.48.jpg]