NPC should ask to join crew when nowhere else to go

Hi all,

really enjoying this game so far! While paying through I encountered an interesting situation:

A civilian and a pirate ship arrived at the same time at my location.
1) The pirate ship destroyed the civilian ship and captured a civilian as prisoner
2) I went over to the pirate ship, and released the prisoner, but instead of joining up with me, the civ went back to its desroyed ship and died.

It would be nice if these npc characters would notice, that they have nowhere to go, and at least ask for a ride to the next station, or just join up if they are happy with my characters.

Have fun all!

Shall put it under the thinking hat Smile Thanks for the feedback and thanks for playing!

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 07:36 PM by seraphqq.)

(05-25-2020, 10:42 AM)Keresztes Wrote: Hi all,

really enjoying this game so far! While paying through I encountered an interesting situation:

A civilian and a pirate ship arrived at the same time at my location.
1) The pirate ship destroyed the civilian ship and captured a civilian as prisoner
2) I went over to the pirate ship, and released the prisoner, but instead of joining up with me, the civ went back to its desroyed ship and died.

It would be nice if these npc characters would notice, that they have nowhere to go, and at least ask for a ride to the next station, or just join up if they are happy with my characters.

Have fun all!

Completely understand your point. But hey, you know, once you learned everyone was killed, including the one you loved who went through the Space Apocalypse with you traveled stars to stars to find future.....it's understandable why that guy choose to go back to the wreck to be graved with his lover and families...

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 02:42 PM by deMangler.)

Another angle is being able to have a character join with a faction, Pirates for example.
I had a play-through on medium where I lost a crew member early on, so I had three people in a gradually expanding ship, mining and stripping hulks. They made it nearly to the end of the galaxy, always searching for more crew but never finding any. Eventually they took to trying to capture pirates but it always turned out we got captured and had to pay ransom - which was ok because we were filthy rich by then. However attrition took it's toll and eventually there was only one of us left.
The only option was for them to go back to their ship alone, continuing the hopeless search for company. it would have been nice to be able to end the game with them choosing to join the pirates.

Hello,
On the same topic, in my game a pirate ship and a merchant ship destroyed each others.
It would be nice to have new dialogue options to :
- take the friendly ship's survivors in my crew
- allow the pirates ship's survivors to surrender themselves peacefully