Bugbyte Forums
Will this game receive any more, major additions/changes? - Printable Version

+- Bugbyte Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums)
+-- Forum: Battlevoid Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Battlevoid: Harbinger (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Will this game receive any more, major additions/changes? (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Will this game receive any more, major additions/changes? - Perq - 03-10-2017

Thanks for the reply!
It gives a lot of perspective to all this. I, to some degree, suspected that this is the case. Been browsing some numbers and they don't look as good as I would like them to. Sad Harbinger is a great game (especially a mobile game for me, since it is played very well on mobile, while still being complex and all that), I think it simply had not enough exposure, which is too bad.

So, another question (!) Big Grin. If you get stability (which I wish you do), would you work on some mod support/DLC for Harbinger?

Thanks again for replying and best of luck with the new game(s). I will be checking them out both, but still a little skeptical about the Space Heaven.

Cheers!

RE: Will this game receive any more, major additions/changes? - AdmiralGeezer - 03-10-2017

Exposure is key yes. Harbinger has actually gotten a lot of exposure in a sense, but the long-term exposure depends on the games conversion rate. As in how many of all viewers are willing to buy the game when they see it. Harbinger is a niché game, and it appeals to smaller customer base than many other games.

It doesn't mean that it is a bad game. No, no. It's a good game for many, but the overall conversion and selling power isn't enough to give us much of a buffer to work with. If the living expenses would be a 4th of what they are here where we live then Harbinger would have been a great success Smile

All of this is due to the fierce competition, there are so many games now. Over 13 000 games on Steam and probably 100 000 on mobile. If I would be to take a wild guess I would say perhaps 5% of them make any substantial kind of revenue. We worked 4 years without having anything come our way, when we published Harbinger we had already terminated our office rent contract, because if Harbinger wasn't going to sell it would have been all over.

About the mod support. Honestly, it's hard to justify it. If the game engine and game structure we use would allow for it easily then we would do it immediately. But we have created our own editor tool on top of the engine, and the modding support would mean that we would have to make that tool public.

If Space Haven becomes what we hope it to be, I'm afraid we have to focus on it at that point.

I know you and other fans have been wishing for mod support, hopefully the new Battlevoid game will alleviate some of the pain!

RE: Will this game receive any more, major additions/changes? - Dragonking1010 - 03-17-2017

I would like to see the separation of weapons. Like ballistic, energy, and ppc ( particle projection Cannons. Then be able to give them different colors for range indicators. Maybe more defence weapons to defend your ship. The option to keep the fast button on/off or just make the game play faster. Maybe introduce leveling up your Commander for better maneuvering of your ship and better weapon performance.