Bugbyte Forums
Battlevoid: Harbinger Feature Requests - Printable Version

+- Bugbyte Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums)
+-- Forum: Battlevoid Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Battlevoid: Harbinger (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Battlevoid: Harbinger Feature Requests (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - AdmiralGeezer - 10-06-2015

Drumroll... We are live!

The kickstarter campaign is live here:

CLICK here to see the Kickstarter!

Let's do it, commanders! Let's make Extended Edition happen.

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - DaViylax77 - 10-10-2015

Having seen the images you guys posted on the kickstarter , i have to say the new enemy ships look really strong , especially the schillaes capital ship. So i suggest having this big human capital ship that can definetaly take on the other race capital ships by its self but is easily outnumbered. Something like the UNSC Infinity in the Halo Franchise. Also maybe add rail guns, slow turning , slow firing but high dmg.
The new shops u ahev for the enemy races are beast tho keep it up.

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - DaViylax77 - 10-10-2015

And maybe a carrier version of the Armada cos that thing is beast 1 to 1 but lacks fighter support. And maybe have up to 3 diff races in one map like human , wanderer and trolgar to have like a 3 way fight but ofc lets start small and epic

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - spongeBUG - 10-12-2015

Hi i have a suggestion about speed boost, maybe you can use your energy shield to have a faster movement and rotation speed. You can buy an item just like the teleport thing. It can be upgraded into two power ups, it increases shield regenaration while decreasing its shield capacity. The second power up is just the vice versa of the first powerup.

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - FoxKing - 10-12-2015

I'm back, baby! XD

Ahhh, finally! Ok, so I was thinking it would be cool to have co-op over wifi, that way you and your freind could work together, each with their own fleet. I understand that this may be really hard to pull off and it may not fit in the style of game you guys are producing, but I think that would be cool. Also being able to divide you fleet between different sectors would be cool, say that one Valhalla won't last another fight, you can have it peel off and head for the battlestation. Or say you want to box in a pesky Nemissis, divide your forces in half and sent them to two different sectors. Smile

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - AdmiralGeezer - 10-13-2015

Glad to have you back! If the site gives you trouble with the BP error when signing in:
  • Try clicking back and sign in again
  • If that doesnt work click up on the url bar and then hit enter
  • Try clicking F5 on the keyboard

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - Northrice - 10-13-2015

Hello, I have played(and loved) your game quite a bit over the last week and would like to toss in my 2 cents.
I would really love the idea of a crew, in the sense that they were like items, maybe a square or something that you could pick up from battle stations. In a sense they are treated like items where each might have stats but also have quirks like only lasting a few turns or until you reach a sector, quests could then be easily linked to them e.g. finding an escape pod in the middle of space. Upgrade-able crews would be nice like to the bonuses that they provide such as damage output by a % or cool downs, this could tie into an experience system of some sort? I feel a crew management through the micromanagement of each individual would take from the scale of the game. I would like to much rather worry about the status of my ship than the health of my crew.

Ships require a higher sense of individuality, maybe a mechanic like an unchangeable weapon or exceptionally high hull/shielding. What is the difference between the Nightingale and the Guardian? The placement of the weapons yes but that's about it. I like the idea of a whatever you want kind of fleet but that would restrict game play unless you are adventurous. I find myself always resorting to cruisers and missiles personally.

Regarding the idea of a crew as a kind of semi-item can tie into a whole new range of slots. A potential slot area of which the amount would differ from ship to ship which could hold things like, extra thrusters/fuel allowing increased ship speeds, shield capacitors increasing the shield stat, hull padding, special weapons such as items(bombs, one time use things, a drone that doesn't need a carrier) and as previously mentioned the crew.

Some other/lesser things I would suggest are allied ships/fleets that can lead to missons etc. A trading option. Mercenaries so that large assault ships have the ability to fend against fighters early game without the need for cruisers. A crafting system so that you dont have to sell every single useless item you get. Instead you can collect them and form new things. Maybe a V2 Bolter Cannon made up from 3 human bolters and 3 wanderer bolters IDK.

The game you have in this gestial state is open to limitless possibilities and i really hope this game flourishes and grows. Looking forward to any and all future updates. PS. MULTIPLAYER!

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - Draikan - 10-14-2015

I've got a couple ideas. Most things currently need to be rebalanced, but I won't address that here.

Ship differentiation. Right now there is really only one choice to make when you pick ships. Do you want a lot of guns, or do you want more fighters? Shields an hull differ a bit between ships, but it doesn't really drive the choice. I think the best way to address this is with the speed stat. Make the smaller ships faster, then also add a module to increase speed and maneuverability. This module NEEDS to be a % increase per level so that you can't just slap a few on the larger ships and have them be really fast. It should also be carefully balanced with missile speed so that only the smallest ships can actually outrun missiles. This is great because smaller ships will be able to dodge some attacks. That means that weapon accuracy is a more important stat. Now you suddenly have a bunch of ways to make a ship worth using. Want a fast ship with a bunch of guns? Fine but it will be fragile. Huge Carrier with a ton of health and point defense, might be slow and lack main guns. A ship with main guns AND fighter slots, might lack point defense or health. If you wanted this last ship, it would do a ton of damage, but you would have to protect it with tankier ships. This is fantastic because it encourages the player to mix and match ships to find the combinations that best suit their playstyles. The way things are now you just choose the ship you want and use three. Related to this, why can so few ships be called in as reinforcements for the fleet? If the player wants to, they should be able to save up for a second armada.

I think the fleet point system discussed earlier complements this excellently. If the player wanted to maybe they would decide to use a fleet of 7-8 smaller fast ships instead of 2-3 capitals.

I also have an idea for a mission type. It would be really cool to participate in a larger battle. I'm picturing jumping into a battle that is already underway. Allied ships and enemy ships are tearing each other up and the player has to decide how best to tip the battle in their favor. The battles should be large enough that if the enemies start to win things can get really out of control. For example: You get the mission to assist allied forces in attacking a sector. When you get close you realize the battle has already started (this could be based on the number of turns it takes to get there or something). On the starmap, you can see enemy and allied ship positions, but not how well or how poorly the fight is going. Let's say you decide to jump in right next to 3 enemies and 3 allies, when you land in the sector it could be that all three allied ships are nearly destroyed and you are about to have a tough fight. It could also be that your allies are doing well and you dispatch the first few enemy ships quickly, gaining you a strong foothold for the rest of the battle. This would be amazing with your "distant battle" backdrop.

This kind of engagement opens up all kinds of interesting gameplay. Maybe you bring a bunch of repair drones and use them to repair the allied fleet. Maybe you position yourself between two ships already exchanging fire to soak up damage for the allied ship. Positioning and strategy become critical in an engagement like this. Maybe make the mission reward dependent on how many allied ships survive to further encourage the player to work with the allied ships.

I think another player mentioned previously how important repair drone behavior is. I agree, they need a few AI tweaks so that they prioritize repairing main fleet ships. Could you also please make repair drones use a green beam? This would make it possible to distinguish them from laser drones (which I'm assuming will be rebalanced to be useful), and make the beam color consistent with the repair beam item. While we are discussing this, something should be done to distinguish the repair beam from repair drones, why should the player choose one over the other? It shouldn't be because one is just better than the other (right now the beam is weak). I would suggest making the beam more effective but shorter range than the drones. Again this encourages the fleet commander to think about positioning.

A final suggestion. I like the way the game is split between realtime combat and rts at the starmap level. It does feel a bit strange though that there isn't really a way to lose at the starmap level. There is no sense of urgency. I want to have to worry about my stations being destroyed if I don't protect them. Enemy ships should try to cut you off if you overextend. Make the commander sweat!

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - Draikan - 10-14-2015

Expanding a bit on the idea of a crew. I would change this up slightly, and say that you instead pick a captain. Each ship would have a single captain slot. The captain would be upgradeable to buff one aspect of a ship's performance. This NEEDS to use a % per level. Let's look at an example. You pick the captain that increases the effectiveness of repair, and you put all your repair beams and repair drones on that ship. Now you have a ship that is really strong at repair, stronger than it would be if you had spread all that repair throughout your fleet. However, that ship is also vulnerable, if you don't position carefully it might get destroyed leaving you defenseless! It may make sense to have a few general captains that don't have to specialize, that way the player doesn't have to specialize either if they don't want to play that way.

I would add a new resource for captain upgrades. Maybe call them medals, and award a single one when the player completes a mission. That way the player can choose which captain to award the medal to after the mission. It fits into the game world nicely!

You could also say that the captain of the player's original ship is actually a commander instead of a captain. Maybe the commander's upgrades should provide slight buffs to the whole fleet instead of only to his own ship>

Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - toro9091 - 10-20-2015

Greeting my fellow comrades

We have many fine ideas here in mind, however one thing to make the game interesting is looking into temporal technology.

With temporal technology you can phase shift physical objects out of our linear time. In english if a missle with phase shifting technology was lanched at enemy ships no weapon or object will interact with it until it drops the phase shift field it is using which it would drop right after it passes an enemies shield so in essence a gaunrenteed strike unless you are bad at aiming.

A ship can also be equiped with phase shifting technology to be able to take almost no damage while it fires its main guns. Same concept can be used with drones.

The only way to to get around this is to develop a weapon that can interact with phase shifted object is by using another phase shifted object to do the same. This can make an interesting addition to the game.

In order to acquire it however you should be required to research into it by collecting fragments of it and studying it. Once you understand how the system works then you need to do special upgrades to the ship itself in order to even use it at all. However even if u did all your research and upgrades the materials used to create these systems are not made with any known element and thus you should visit planets where there are ruins of such a society that had such technology in order find more of these elements, or destroy enemy research ships that want to recreate it too.

Due to the required research for this kind of technology and need to visit planets this would work hand in hand with the concept crew that many have proposed.