Bugbyte Forums
DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven on PC/Mac/Linux by backing Kickstarter February 27th! - Printable Version

+- Bugbyte Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums)
+-- Forum: Space Haven Forums (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Space Haven Gamedev blog (http://bugbyte.fi/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven on PC/Mac/Linux by backing Kickstarter February 27th! (/showthread.php?tid=493)

Pages: 1 2 3

DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven on PC/Mac/Linux by backing Kickstarter February 27th! - AdmiralGeezer - 12-19-2018

Ladies and gentlemen! The time has finally come. Finally I am able to write the long-awaited words: "Play Space Haven". Watch the announcement trailer for Space Haven above.

[Image: R0tbysG.jpg]

Here's what's new!
  • You will be able to play Space Haven on PC/Mac/Linux by backing Space Haven on Kickstarter, which starts February 27th 2019!
  • Backers of the Kickstarters will be able to play an early version of Space Haven (PC/Mac/Linux) after Kickstarter has sent us the backer list (About 2 weeks after Kickstarter ends) and help us with feedback.

NOTE! We're still working on bringing the game also to Android and iOS! However, only participate in Kickstarter if you want to play on PC/Mac/Linux or if you want to support us otherwise. Sadly, we cannot make an early access mobile version part of the Kickstarter. If you only play on mobile, I'm sure you will be disappointed by not being able to participate with your device at this time, and I'm very sorry. Know that we would not limit this if we felt it was possible to make also the mobile platforms a part of the Kickstarter campaign.

The past 2 months have been fierce. We've made so much progress, and it feels like we've turned a corner regarding the development of Space Haven. It will be great to be able to provide a game build for PC/Mac/Linux to you, our players, and jump on an iterative development process where we move forward with the help of player feedback. I could ramble all about what we've been up to, but perhaps a trailer and new screenshots is better than anything I could say with words!

[Image: m22sQxb.jpg]

We have also set up a Steam coming soon page for the game. It will still take time before we will be able to release the game on Steam, the iterative development with the help of feedback from our Kickstarter backers will determine when the game is ready! Right now though, you will be able to check out the Steam page and remember to give it a follow and wishlist!

Open in browser: Open Steam Store Page in browser
Open directly in Steam: Open Steam Store Page directly in Steam

New screenshots for your viewing pleasure! See more at the Steam coming soon page.

[Image: o9btHGi.jpg]
[Image: zBZyFpk.jpg]
[Image: V47RrN2.jpg]
[Image: gkl6T9h.jpg]

[Image: qLXqGXR.jpg]

We are going to need your help when the Kickstarter starts, bug-troopers! Here's a list of all the places you can follow Space Haven to be notified of when the Kickstarter campaign launches:

The best way to be notified is the mailing list:
http://eepurl.com/dntx_1

Feel free to share the trailer to your friends and on your favorite forums such as Reddit or other! That really helps us spread the word!

OR:

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - Madmandom - 12-19-2018

Can't believe I followed this game for so long to find out,I will miss out on playing the game at the same time as pc players on February,you said you will try your best to bring it to mobile,are you saying there is a chance this is not going to be on mobile??

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - AdmiralGeezer - 12-20-2018

(12-19-2018, 10:41 PM)Madmandom Wrote: Can't believe I followed this game for so long to find out,I will miss out on playing the game at the same time as pc players on February,you said you will try your best to bring it to mobile,are you saying there is a chance this is not going to be on mobile??

The game is working on Android and iOS, but we need to determine what the minimum screen size is going to be. We cannot jump into selling the game to backers on Kickstarter if we aren't confident the game is going to be enjoyable on a certain screen size.

Tablets are looking really good, although the mobile UI still needs some work. Also, we're not sure if we need to create a whole new UI for phones. And before that we need to test to see how players react to the game on phones otherwise too. Regarding screen size it is not as clear cut of a case as for example Harbinger was. If it isn't then we shouldn't be selling it on those devices at this point.

So we need to work on it and find out which devices we can support, and that is what I mean with us doing our best Smile We're doing everything in our power to include as many devices as we can.

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - Arturius - 12-20-2018

By backing Space Haven on Kickstarter we will be able to play only on Steam ?

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - AdmiralGeezer - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 08:33 PM)Arturius Wrote: By backing Space Haven on Kickstarter we will be able to play only on Steam ?

By backing on Kickstarter you will get a copy of the game for yourself and later on we should be able to provide you with a Steam key as well! Steam early access release will be later than the Kickstarter early access. So when we launch on Steam we can provide a key for the ones that backed on Kickstarter.

The game will become accessible on other platforms when we release the game officially on those platforms.

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - Arturius - 12-20-2018

What do you mean by "get a copy of the game for yourself" ? Will it be some sort of direct download ?
I am asking because I do not have Steam, yet I would like to back you and try out Space Haven.

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - AdmiralGeezer - 12-21-2018

(12-20-2018, 09:51 PM)Arturius Wrote: What do you mean by "get a copy of the game for yourself" ? Will it be some sort of direct download ?
I am asking because I do not have Steam, yet I would like to back you and try out Space Haven.

It will be a direct download, yep! The game will also have an in-game update mechanism so once you have the game you can keep updating it through its main menu.

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - Evmeister88 - 12-22-2018

I'm looking forward to the Kickstarter! Can't wait to back this game. Really excited for it! I'm curious, will the PC and Phone versions be the same? All content on PC also be on Phone? By also making the game for phone, has it limited what you can do, instead of just making it for PC?

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - AdmiralGeezer - 12-22-2018

@Evmeister88.

Having the same content would be our plan, yes. Although we have to optimize certain things, like background graphics will be different, to make performance good on mobile.
There hasn't been any limitations to content development, but it has taken some more time to tweak the UI for example.

It' still open as to what the minimum screen size for the game will be, so phones are not a clear cut case. (Phones come in many sizes too, so it's not easy to say phones in general). We're trying though, but we will need time.
Right now we are focusing on making the game as good as can be by developing content further using the PC/Mac/Linux versions. Once the game is solid we will have time to focus also on the mobile side and see what we can
support officially.

So in short: This is a deep PC quality game, where content has not been affected by cross-platform development. It's a game we also want to bring to mobile, just like Faster Than Light. Tablets are looking good, and we're trying our damn hardest to make phones part of it as well.

And great to have you with us! Smile

RE: DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven by backing Kickstarter February/March 2019! - Arturius - 01-08-2019

@AdmiralGeezer, I can see some nice cryo/sleeping pods in one of the screenshots - have you come up with an idea that crew must sleep inbetween jumps?

That could pose some new cool possibilities and risks Smile
You could find new crew members inside derelict ships with still working cry pods, or for example you could lose a crew member due to power malfunction during a hasty space jump.