Cloud save between PC and android? (Solved!)

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 02:34 PM by SnowDrakE.)

So I had this game on Steam for quite some time and recently also bought it for Android.

Now I have been playing a week on my cellphone and suddenly all my progress is gone. So far so good (not). Then I see that there is a cloud save feature, so I log into my PC client and register a cloud account and upload my progress...

...now on my cellphone it tells me if I try to login with the same credentials "failed to log in".

What is going wrong here? I am a bit stumped and I don't want to lose a week of progress. Bit demoralized right now.

So you have your progress still available on PC?

Make sure you are writing the user account email and password correctly, capitalized letters and all. Try to log in on PC
to make sure you are getting it right.

If you have your progress on PC then all you need to do is be able to log in on your phone and press "Download". Do not press
download on PC, just upload.

If you can't get it to work mail us at [email protected] with your cloud user account and also which level you want to be.

(10-16-2017, 11:53 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: So you have your progress still available on PC?

Make sure you are writing the user account email and password correctly, capitalized letters and all. Try to log in on PC
to make sure you are getting it right.

If you have your progress on PC then all you need to do is be able to log in on your phone and press "Download". Do not press
download on PC, just upload.

If you can't get it to work mail us at [email protected] with your cloud user account and also which level you want to be.

Yeah, unable to get it to work. Also tried a password reset, I can trigger the reset from both android or PC, that is fine, but I cannot actually reset the password once I click on the link provided in the mail. I sent a mail to the support address now.

SOLVED!

So after 2 days of exchange with bugbyte support (thanks guys!) an error with special characters in the password reset function was fixed and also we were able to figure out that the base problem was on my own cellphone being unable to connect to the cloud service.

Symptoms:
- Internet via WiFi, connected and stable
- Cloud login not possible, no matter what I did

Fix:
- Restarted the mobile phone properly (this didn't work before or alone, but important for a clear cache)
- Switched on airplane mode, wait for 10 seconds, switch it off again (like a reset for your connection)
- Disable battery saving mode (can affect background data transfer)

And suddenly, I was able to login and access the progress I had uploaded from my PC client and download it to my Android device.

I hope this will help someone down the road.

Oh, wow. Great job getting it to work! Thanks for writing your fix here.