Suggestions

I came to say "allow mods please!" And see that I was beaten to it.

To expand though... This looks the perfect type game to allow mods for though, it looks like the type of game that could be replayed many times if you allow mods for users to play around and tinker with things . This looks a combination of all my favourite genres:. Space, base building, RPG. The thing that can make it better is mods. (Not sure if you're too far along to make adding them easy or not).

All the games I play most, I replay in part to try out the mods. XCOM, Total War, Cities Skylines, Prison Architect.

Allow users to mod graphics, aliens, and humans, traits, etc... Within 3 months you'll have a loyal fanbase building mods to reskin for things you can't legally do yourself for licensing reasons...

So in summary... Allow mods please. Smile

We will do our best to make tools to allow modding to a degree we can make possible all things considered!

(12-20-2018, 02:21 PM)Fred Soup Wrote: I came to say "allow mods please!" And see that I was beaten to it.

To expand though... This looks the perfect type game to allow mods for though, it looks like the type of game that could be replayed many times if you allow mods for users to play around and tinker with things .  This looks a combination of all my favourite genres:. Space, base building, RPG.  The thing that can make it better is mods.  (Not sure if you're too far along to make adding them easy or not).

All the games I play most, I replay in part to try out the mods.  XCOM, Total War, Cities Skylines, Prison Architect.

Allow users to mod graphics, aliens, and humans, traits, etc... Within 3 months you'll have a loyal fanbase building mods to reskin for things you can't legally do yourself for licensing reasons...  

So in summary... Allow mods please.  Smile

I like the tidbit where you say "for things you can't do legally". But, I agree with your line of thinking that allowing mods will help build the community and see the game have a better chance of success.

From Discord:

If you're looking for an alternate start scenario, then beginning with a single character waking up in a stasis pod aboard a derelict and then cobbling together a basic functional ship either by repairing the derelict or just building a new one from scratch would be fun.

From Discord:
So would thrusters around the ship just be bonuses to ship to ship combat? Evasion bonus.

From Discord:

1: Will there be a psychology / sanity element to the game?
Space can, after all, be vast en empty. And some minds can't handle it.
A lone crew member might perhaps go insane without social contact?
How about if you rescue a person from a drop pod or such, and that person having gone insane; being distrustful of your crew and/or being unpredictable?

2: Adding onto that; if the ship has a lack of oxygen, which would evidently cause a lack of oxygen supply to the brain, could the crew start losing sanity/become paranoid? And perhaps the lack of oxygen could cause a debuff in manipulation, speed, mental capacity, etc...?

3: Will there be asteroid/scrap fragment/... storms when you're close to a planet / asteroid belt / wreckage? Perhaps causing hull breaches but potentially leaving mineral/scrap deposits on the hull? These hull breaches leaking oxygen of course.

4: Will boarders be a thing, and in that case, will they be able to have methods of breaching doors immersively (Not just hitting them.): Examples; laser cutting through them (takes a while). Blasting them open with an explosive charge (Considerably faster, but could perhaps have a danger associated with it; hull breach, fire, etc...). Hacking a door (Safest way).

5: Will boarders be able to perhaps poke a hole into the ship hull and enter via a wall instead of docking at a docking port.

6: Will you be able to vent air from rooms to suffocate boarders that aren't wearing a space suit?

7: Will space suits be able to take damage to their helmet and leak oxygen?

Will this game have a medical system? For me, that was the most significant aspect of Rimworld in terms of emergent story and really feeling like characters were individuals. It allowed the story to leave permanent marks on characters and made each of them feel unique in a way that's hard to really achieve with just skills, traits, and flavour text.

Make permanent conditions affecting work speed, walking speed etc. To simulate medical conditions, having a limp etc.

I have some new idea, which can make the game a bit more complicated Big Grin

-The time also passes in the hyperspace, but with distortion (this can be easily explained, bc it passes differ in the normal space also). And the crew consumes the good (for more realistics), if the ship is in the hyperspace for a longer time.

-The hyperdrive will use a "whale" of energy, so it will take many time (half ingame day) to wait for its charging. But if you link it by more energy-node to the energy core, it will consume time to wait for its charging (bc the energy-nodes have an energy-transfer-velocity-limitation). If this will make too hard the start of the game, this attribute will belong only to the second-generation of hyperdrive (which will travel faster in the hyperspace bc it can manipulate the hyperspace-time-distorsion)

-All the refine machines would be acquired from later technologies. (This will make more important the trade and the loot actions)

-Some of the building operations consume more time (even more days). I know, this will make the job-system more complicated...

-The beds will be more comfortable when they are in dark (an auto light-swith mechanism can be beneficial)

I hope, you can understand my complicated thought despite my weak english Smile

Thanks for the suggestions @Ailab Smile

Hey Admiral,

I was wondering, in all the videos and gifs that you shared with the community we can see that the crew members animation for when they are on computers, eating, farming, healing is the same, a typing on keyboard animation. Are you planning to diversify the animations?

Also, do you plan to integrate a Jail (room type) where we can keep individuals that we capture with non lethal weapons?

Is there any plan for escape pods? For exemple, the ship is lost and our only solutions to save our best crew members (1-2 or 2-4 max depending of the Pods level) is to make them escape with a limited amount of ressources. Then our options are to turn ON a beacon so ships that are passing by can come and help us (or not, in that case we can capture the ship by force) or the pod can be directed to some short direction to reach some base to start from scratch our ship (based on which ressources? Maybe having a loan system to some faction that trigger obligations to the faction)