BS Universe

Wow, this epic! Really this video is from the Battlestation: Humanity's Last Hope, haven't been yet exploring it. Just visited the Steam page for the first time in a fairly long period... last time I was there like more than a year ago..

I also like that the whole universe carries some kind of a subliminal message as I see it. For example, the races - even from the small texts of Battlestation: Harbinger, we see that each has a history where they faced a life-changing event, a challenge that somehow feels real and causes sympathy, had a chance to become bad, maybe even they did become bad, but then they have worked over this and managed to handle their fate and destiny, as in the movie they have come to peace with humanity and each other. And the problems they have faced feel natural and are really metaphors for the problems that each human meets in various aspects of his life and has to come back in peace with the rest of the humanity. In this aspect the races feel like real personalities or parts of a personality, like mythological aspects. This is very interesting. Idk why, but this caught my attention. Must be the way the texts are written.

The Unknowns seem to be the ultimate evil, something on the very edge of life itself.. beings from the void. They are like.. fear? Something uncontrollable? A denial of peace? And they have sawn disagreement upon the entities that have managed to come in peace once before.. looks like life, and a new challenge to work out, now on a completely different level..

All this aspires to deep mythological roots of our own psyche and society.. could carry deep meaning and a really positive and wise messages.

And the characters are shining too! Rather charismatic and whole. I see lots of potential. Looking forward to the development of the lore in the future games and content Smile

Messages In This Thread
BS Universe - by noncom - 01-10-2016, 07:52 PM
BS Universe - by Jonesso - 01-11-2016, 12:48 PM
BS Universe - by AdmiralGeezer - 01-11-2016, 05:53 PM
BS Universe - by noncom - 01-12-2016, 11:38 PM