Possible Multiplayer for Pc in future?

@DaViylax77 wow, good idea! I was thinking of it too, especially when proposing perks and one-time items for the players to make the PvP more interesting.. There's one thing though - making multiplayer is a really hard endaevor. It's almost like making whole another game if the one you're making did not initially aim at multiplayer. I don't know what BugByte has in there, maybe they were creating it with multiplayer in the foresight, but as I see it, it would be not easy to do because of the game mechanics. There are lots of tiny objects that live for short time (like bolter shots, gatling bullets and so on). On one hand they do for very smooth experience and feeling of the gameplay, since, it looks like that each of them is processed separately. On the other hand, if we will look at the networking side of this - making this to sync on network is almost impossible. Some very advanced programming has to be involved, incorporatin prediction and tweening and corrections, which, as I see it, can turn out to be a complete rehaul of the the objects/particles system in the game, which is like making a completely different game, which is even more complex than the present one. I might be wrong, since I repeat, idk what's really in there, but I thought I'd share what I know, since nobody is picking up this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Possible Multiplayer for Pc in future? - by noncom - 02-17-2016, 02:39 PM