Extended Edition part 2/2 Mobile beta test!

Maybe movie themed ships paid only, like maybe from Alien, star Trek, battlestar, Firefly. Maybe different weapon sounds for these ships. What about contests for score and prizes? Themed of course due to copywrite.

Several bugs: 1. Leveled up 3 times in a row(was lvl 46,should be lvl 49),but when started new game ,I was lvl 47!2 level ups just disappeared... }Sad 2.Finished final battle (4/4) and my mercenary was alive!!!(he had 9 turns left) and when started new game,this mercenary appeared again with his 9 turns left!LOL

Also a mode called Ace that's harder then hard, and only a few ships to choose from but come with stock two scout ships with you, maybe some weapons removed and only in endless. Like Ace Endless mode. Reduce xp gained from hard,

The only thing that bothers me is the message saying that only PCs can toggle auto focus everytime I find an item or weapon. I've had a really good bash and many previous bugs and graphical issues are fixed making the core mechanics feel more robust and needing less balancing tweaks. In the later levels the weapons become so powerful that even pdw weapons start to rival capital weapons.
I'm thinking I like the new stats on point defence weapons...
These images were from the mobile beta on endless hard mode level 8.
Note the range of the Harbingers Pdw laser is close to the Valiant cruisers main Celestial laser battery. These battles are long range pdw battles.

[Image: tcjPEQw]

Seems broke, here's the direct link.

http://imgur.com/tcjPEQw

And the other one, sorry about the mess.
https://imgur.com/QmP8lHS

After spending a lot of time not paying attention to microeconomics and instead playing this game, I have a few suggestions to make. Beyond the following, I love your folk's game, it tickles the right spots. Note that I have only played on hard, and all balance changes I recommend are based on my experience with the hard difficulty.

Standardize the amount of starting scrap and research. It is annoying to start a game with 750 scrap, then start another one with 1100. Same goes for RP. Rather than surround the starting ship with a bunch of resources, is it possible to start the player with around 1000 right in the bank? and 7 RP? (this seems to be about the average amount of resources I get between games.

Buff the missile bombers. I have found that the 800 point plasma bombers are much better at their jobs, with more range and (as far as I can tell) a higher fire rate, and more ships per hanger bay. As it stands, I do not see the 1200 price tag being justified.

Balance the early game (on hard at least). Beyond my starting spot on the system map, I only have about 2 or 3 locations to visit before I start encountering enemy capital ships, and sometimes the only way I have been able to fight them off and get my feet off the ground is by jumping in and out of systems repeatedly doing tiny bits of damage at a time. I like this game because it is difficult, but the difficulty involved in getting to the mid game on hard mode is no longer fun, it is repetitive and frustrating. Either tone down the difficulty of ships encountered (fighting enemy ships that have 2 hanger bays when I have only an energy gun and two projectile cannons is not fun), or give the player a few more jumps without encountering enemy capital ships (I refer to bigger ships with health bars that aren't fighters capital ships).

When I retreat out of a losing battle, sometimes an enemy ship and it's fighters follow me. This is normal, and I like the idea, but it would be better if the pursuing forces did not jump right on top of my forces. Make them jump to a random one of the nine sectors of the area, or one adjacent to mine, but please not right on top. It is quite annoying to retreat from a battle with low health, only to have a ship with missiles warp in 5 meters from me.

I love the balance changes made so far, and quite like the addition of all the new ships. I truly feel like I am rewarded for playing while I unlock these new ships.

That is all so far, as I play more I will likely post more. Remember that I am not hating on the game, I in fact love and enjoy it greatly, and these are ways I believe it could be improved. I am open to discussion, rebuttals, and even insults if you believe I am wrong in what I say. Above all, thanks for the opportunity to test the new version and play this game.

I haven't run into any problems yet, gave it a good blat last night.

I just love this game. The new fonts for scrap and the other thing are beautiful and much easier on the eye.

But... Where is BSE Excalibur?? I loved that ship man Sad

Also, what does BSE mean?! I assume it's BattleStation... Energy or what? Tongue

Ok, so i've played through it a few times now. The music is in fact working correctly, it's just that the wanderers and celestials appear to have retained the original theme. So far i've only run into three VERY minor issues. Occasionally the wrench icon that appears above my ships when they are damaged spontaneously disappears, despite the fact that i have not repaired the ship. But anyone who is paying attention to their ship should know if it is damaged by the length of the hull status bar. Secondly, a few times after beating a level, i did not get the speach at the end about how awesome i am. Not really a big issue, my ego will survive without it, and i frequently dont pay attention to it anyway as ive seen it hundreds of times before. Thirdly, the fast forward button seems to get stuck in between jumping to new sectors. That is not to say that im stuck in fast or slow mode, but rather that the button stays highlighted as if i have fast forward activated, when it actually is not activated. Not really a big issue, i just press it twice and the problem is resolved. Like i said, these are minor issues that are probably more trouble fixing than it would be worth. I will say that i am not as fond of the new purchasing menu as i was of the original. I have accidentally purchased a few things that i didnt intend to due to the new design. But, i can also understand that someone new to the game might have an easier time with it and im probably just used to the original setup. All in all these minor issues pale in comparison to the significant benefits in the update. Im loving the new ships.