After 20 hours, finally finished game... and on Hard!

Yep, like any good game, I think I have got it figured out, then I play more and realize that there is quite a bit more to master. @joe:

1. ion mark 2 - yep, great guns, esp the 800+ ones. but still, a little weak by map 2's end and definitely by map 3-4. love the entrapment feature, synergizes great with megaplasmas (see #3).

2. wut?! you can choose where you warp into? how!!! I thought it was random and I would desperately try to leg it over there. that said, at times it is still better to divide the enemy forces surrounding your battlestation first. distress beacon half of them away, kill them, then warp in and kill the rest.

3. yeah, megaplasmas are pretty solid. i've also noticed that they sometimes hit even when they look like they will miss. doesn't happen with other projectile weapons, just megaplasmas. still, they should'nt be your own weapon.on this note, i've come to realize that a blend of weapons is much better than a single type (ie, a megaplasma, a flak cannon, a death ray, is better than three megaplasmas alone, although that's awfully fun).

4. yes, i agree entirely.

5. nukes are fantastic at point blank range! but in spite of their "lots of hull", they still get shot down pretty easily, even fully upgraded. i agree.

6. I agree entirely. it's like having extra regenerating health. I also want to add that I really like shield & repair drones now. they make good occasional cannon fodder (sometimes eating a nuke or megaplasma shot), fix me up, and can fix multiple ships at the same time. they also extend my ability to survive in black holes and nebulas.

Messages In This Thread
After 20 hours, finally finished game... and on Hard! - by duenor - 04-05-2016, 01:22 AM