DevBlog #1 - First steps to a prototype.

Haha. That is a placeholder enemy. Just testing something resembling an enemy. It's not ours and will not stay in the game (Credit to Nvision Illustration Ian MacLean!). We are now testing some battle features with marines! It's looking really cool I must say, we stumbled upon a feature that we think is just awesome. We are still wondering what the enemy could be though, and how we would get it to fit into the whole scenario.

(06-02-2016, 10:03 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Haha. That is a placeholder enemy. Just testing something resembling an enemy. It's not ours and will not stay in the game (Credit to Nvision Illustration Ian MacLean!). We are now testing some battle features with marines! It's looking really cool I must say, we stumbled upon a feature that we think is just awesome. We are still wondering what the enemy could be though, and how we would get it to fit into the whole scenario.

The enemies could be anything as long as the battles are cool,but I guess different kinds of marines and drones,small robots,stuff like that sounds cool,can you say what way the battle system will work,my main concerns are,is the battle system cool,how much upgrading there is,how many weapons and towers there are.will there be enought to keep me playing for hours at a time.
Hopefully we can see some screen shots of your battle in action to give us a idea of what to expect.

Enemy variations would be cool, there are many enemy species, and each species has multiple variations,and then there are the elite enemies which would be tougher variations of the special variations, for example the basic enemy is a giant spider, the special variation is a venomous spider which will have a poison effect on your clones, and the elite one is an elite venomous spider which has more health, can spit the poison from range (with the same damage as the earlier version) and has more damage for basic attacks and also keeps the traits of the special variation, but every species has a weakness and the higher the rank the more dmg the dmg type does that they are weak to, spiders are weak to fire, against a normal giant spider it does 1.5x its dmg, against venomous and the others 1.75x and elite 2.0x

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 08:39 AM by AdmiralGeezer.)

@Madmandom. I cannot say because we do not know how the battle system works Smile All we have at this point is some characters running around and some furniture and buildings, that's it!

Right now we are testing some combat characters and turrets, creating lighting and rubble effects. More on these in the next development blog post!

You need to be patient, because creating these takes time but pop in every once in a while and you will see how the game comes alive! We will of course mail a notification when we have a new blog post with new screenshots and videos to show.

There is one particular mechanism related to the enemy that we are testing out, if we can get it to work it will definitely be a really cool feature. At least for me.

Also, if you have any suggestions on other blog material you would like to see from us feel free to post your ideas! It's going to be a long journey and it would be nice to be able to provide entertainment for you along the way.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 02:43 PM by AdmiralGeezer.)

(06-03-2016, 08:37 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: @Madmandom. I cannot say because we do not know how the battle system works Smile All we have at this point is some characters running around and some furniture and buildings, that's it!

Right now we are testing some combat characters and turrets, creating lighting and rubble effects. More on these in the next development blog post!

You need to be patient, because creating these takes time but pop in every once in a while and you will see how the game comes alive! We will of course mail a notification when we have a new blog post with new screenshots and videos to show.

There is one particular mechanism related to the enemy that we are testing out, if we can get it to work it will definitely be a really cool feature. At least for me.

Also, if you have any suggestions on other blog material you would like to see from us feel free to post your ideas! It's going to be a long journey and it would be nice to be able to provide entertainment for you along the way.
Some "polls" would be great,you could have stuff like"what sound effect sounds better" or "what graphic look better"then the most voted content,would be liked by most people that play the game.

Yes I know how patient you need to be,im just excited when I hear your working on the battle system:-)

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2016, 07:22 PM by Joppiseni.)

A little glimps of the soundtracks in development would be great when u have any demos for us

(06-02-2016, 10:03 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Haha. That is a placeholder enemy. Just testing something resembling an enemy. It's not ours and will not stay in the game (Credit to Nvision Illustration Ian MacLean!). We are now testing some battle features with marines! It's looking really cool I must say, we stumbled upon a feature that we think is just awesome. We are still wondering what the enemy could be though, and how we would get it to fit into the whole scenario.
Let the enemies be the same ones as from Battlestation Harbinger.  Perhaps one of the things that the station must build would be a shipyard. Enemy soldiers would show up to try and wreck whatever progress has been made toward that goal.  Different races would have different personal weapons as well as different difficulty levels over the course of the game.

Bye,
John

As with most things in life, it's about resources. These resources could be the things the enemy is after. There could be different enemies that go after different/particular resources for whatever reason that species may need a specific resource. To elaborate, there could be species only interested in credits/money for profit, and others who may eat a resource as a food on their planet, or need a particular resource for their own survival. As a recommendation, why not have an option for diplomatic resolutions to conflicts also, rather than always coming to war.  This can allow for a diplomatic or negotiation type clone.

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016, 10:47 PM by jjsdis.)

To elaborate on what I wrote above,  there could also be an Academy for clones to be trained to serve on the ship. Once the ship has been completed and with sufficient clones to manage, then it takes off, leaving the game and you get a certain number of points for that accomplishment.  I don't know how the game is supposed to end, but  the number of ships launched could add  to the final score.

I guess I just like the idea that this game would be feeding ships into the battle in Harbinger.

Well I must say this is an interestingly creative idea you are working on Admiral. I look forward to seeing where this goes. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your development process and plans!

LordDrow