How to build more ships?

I must just be missing it, but how do I build more than five capital ships?  I play on these maps, capture a lot of control points, but can never build more than five capital ships.  I noticed when I do the tutorial it starts with six capital ship slots.  However, the two campaign maps I've played have always been 0/5 slots for capital ships.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Along similar lines, can you increase the number of hanger slots available?  The number of slots available to build defense stations around control points?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aside from that, by the way, the game is great!  Nice job sending out an email and getting us all the buy it on day 1.  I hope it's doing well.

Yes you can increase all of these to some global max. About 10 or so ships, and 15 or so hangars.

It depends on how you choose your crew composition in the very beginning of a sector map. Put more crew on
engineers and marines to get more max ships, put crew into pilots to get more hangars.

This will mean you will have to take out crew from research but that is the cost of having many ships and hangars Smile

(10-26-2017, 01:42 PM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Yes you can increase all of these to some global max. About 10 or so ships, and 15 or so hangars.

It depends on how you choose your crew composition in the very beginning of a sector map. Put more crew on
engineers and marines to get more max ships, put crew into pilots to get more hangars.

This will mean you will have to take out crew from research but that is the cost of having many ships and hangars Smile

Oh, awesome!  Thanks for the quick reply.  That wasn't immediately obvious to me from the tutorial or help documentation...but I'm not saying it wasn't there! ;-)

I think I can enjoy the game even more now!

Note that you very rarely need more than 5 ships, except for a scout rush or phoenix rush. Endgame, the mighty SIEGE ship should give you enough firepower to punch through even the toughest defenses. Back before it existed, endgame vs Unknown could be quite a chore with the wimpier Cloudsave or even Overlords.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 08:01 PM by Fear.)

(10-26-2017, 09:28 PM)joe1512 Wrote: Note that you very rarely need more than 5 ships, except for a scout rush or phoenix rush.   Endgame, the mighty SIEGE ship should give you enough firepower to punch through even the toughest defenses.   Back before it existed, endgame vs Unknown could be quite a chore with the wimpier Cloudsave or even Overlords.

[White=#212121]Are you talking about easy and normal complexity? Since at the legendary level of complexity, even the three flagships of the "Siege" are scattered to the nines with the maximum characteristics of guns and armor.[/White]

If you have three Siege ships fully armed with researched and teched up weapons and cannot seem to win, then you are doing something wrong.

Three siege together have such a dense firepower profile with a good weapon such as Photon Torpedos or even Nukes that they can take on just about an infinite amount of attacking ships, if you have maneuvered correctly.