My Strategy Guide found here...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/android/225972-...faqs/75300

Please offer up suggestions, corrections, additions, etc.    I started writing a month ago during beta when things were a moving target (which got kind of frustrating).   So I might have fragments such as referring to missiles being awesome (before they got nerfed like 4 times), or Orb sucking as it did for a brief period,  taking over enemy stations not counting towards bays (so giant swarms of 40 fighters), and so forth.   ;-)     Or just plain bad strategies even.

I think the DPS numbers are correct as of the current release version 10.32 (or .33).

Enjoy and I hope something there is of value!

Finally, I have been waiting for the android page to show on ganefaqs.

On the ship repair function, I have used it in the heat of battle to save my butt a few times. Of course I had a surplus of resources. Sometimes if I didn't I would have lost.

Totally agree with one weapon type. Normally I run with all rockets with burst and either all hull drones or fighters to disrupt the enemies point defti allow my rockets through.plus if I stack all my ships nothing survives. However AOE will sting me. 

Lol #X Crap ship

Oh yeah...guess I should bother to look up the correct names for those ships... :-)

Try rushing to MISSILES and use those instead of rockets. Not much more cost and WAY more effective...for what that's worth. Then combo those with missile bombers. Watch out for energy gats and other multifire guns which will mess up the rocket/missile strategy.

(10-26-2017, 10:00 PM)joe1512 Wrote: Oh yeah...guess I should bother to look up the correct names for those ships... :-)

Try rushing to MISSILES and use those instead of rockets.  Not much more cost and WAY more effective...for what that's worth.  Then combo those with missile bombers.   Watch out for energy gats and other multifire guns which will mess up the rocket/missile strategy.

O.o good idea, I'll try it out. Great FAQ btw. I read it in its entirety. Lots of stuff I didn't even know. Appreciate the time you took to write it. 

Fighter blanket strategy... Like in harbinger where u had so many fighters nothing could hit you? Also the unlimited range was an interesting read for sure. I did wonder.

KingAero Wrote:
joe1512 Wrote:Oh yeah...guess I should bother to look up the correct names for those ships... :-)

Try rushing to MISSILES and use those instead of rockets.  Not much more cost and WAY more effective...for what that's worth.  Then combo those with missile bombers.   Watch out for energy gats and other multifire guns which will mess up the rocket/missile strategy.

O.o good idea, I'll try it out. Great FAQ btw. I read it in its entirety. Lots of stuff I didn't even know. Appreciate the time you took to write it. 

Fighter blanket strategy... Like in harbinger where u had so many fighters nothing could hit you? Also the unlimited range was an interesting read for sure. I did wonder.

Not exactly... the fighters blanket the entire map!  With unlimited range and respawn, on aggressive they will seek and destroy enemies at will.

Maybe a bad term on my part, as I too are used to 2x/4x fighters that literally body-block all the nasty projectile weapons that shoot at my Trademark/Harbinger/Valiants.

That does not really work in Sector Siege.  Fighters are way smaller and more importantly, a lot more useful than to be cannon fodder.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 11:56 PM by KingAero.)

Gonna go test it out. I can imagine a great future where clans/guilds and PvP are possible Smile *wishfully thinking.

Also, think I should focus in eliminating one faction first?

How steep is the difficulty spike in campaign. As in threat levels. I might have missed it if u mentioned it in ur FAQ.

Edit: holy bazunga the fighter blanket strategy owned. Like flied on s__t. Made my game much easier.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 03:51 PM by joe1512.)

lol. I didn't go over difficulty spike because it is hard to quantify. Game has enough randomness that it is difficult to really say exactly how much a threat level of +1 matters. But it does make a difference. On the 4/5, I tend to use ship reinforcements from the unlockables to help.

I would focus on the hardest factions. For me that is UNKNOWN first, Trolgar, then Celestial. Removing one seems like the right thing to do, but in practice I doubt it makes that much of a difference. That enemy can no longer counterattack but another will instead.

KingAero, by the way you have private messages disabled. Check your settings if you want to receive them back.

Updated settings, can receive pm.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 02:38 AM by Forty In Red.)

Thanks for putting this together. I had discovered most of it myself, but thanks for the protip about the fighters. I think perhaps you're a little too dismissive of the ships though. Wink

EDIT - after playing through a few more times, I think you're spot-on on your recommendation to use lasers exclusively as your point defense weapon and to focus on a single "big" gun. So far I've had the most luck with projectile turrets and have had the least luck with lasers. Everything else is somewhere in the middle.

I'm also enjoying your strategy of building a horde of tiny ships and racing around laser-ing everything to death. It's incredible how much damage those little point defense lasers can accumulate en masse.