Sector Siege needs improvement

I don't think killing Marines during space combat isn't easily implementable or practical alteration to the game since the game doesn't have an actual ship crew mechanic that can be tracked like Star Trek Armada and Armada 2 did. I also don't think it's practical to add alien spacecraft more space stations to you build order in a strategic sense since you may or may not be able to replicate something locally with intangible resources the present but instantly being able to replicate that Empire wide simply because you captured a single ship doesn't seem logical or realistic. That's said I could see certain researchable Tech options such as improved weapon systems or other Buff's being acquired through capturing enemy ships and installations the points building up over time. the reason for this is twofold first harbinger establishes the canonicity of retrofitting alien weapon Systems and Technology Too Human ships and stations within the context of this universe. second I don't look at the research system in the game as purely scientific research but as an extrapolation of the construction of the necessary production facilities locally to produce the enhanced equipment or new systems that you gain access to. the game isn't complex enough to cover literally building a factory to produce things like missile bombers and another Factory to produce energy org cannons and another Factory to produce missile launchers. the research you're doing is the extrapolation of the construction of that infrastructure so as not to clutter up the game. since some things require unlocking especially additional ships and stations it could be surmised that the infrastructure requirements are far more expensive and time-consuming therefore it would make sense that a similar investment could be made for small alien Tech items like guns or Marine landing craft improvements but actually building an alien ship yard to produce 100% alien ships seems a little beyond the scope of the game even though it's not technically outside of the realm of realistic possibility within the universe itself it's merely beyond the scope of the simulation. considering the time it does take to do the research we have. in game at the moment I would not be opposed to some methodology for allowing certain tears of research to be completed at the Strategic level before beginning a mission but based on how the unlocking system works which is essentially what you would have to build this into at the Strategic level in order to get it into the game without needing a major addition of some new system coded in that would make the change permanent and not just for your campaign but for all future campaigns and skirmishes which makes the implementation of such a thing very difficult perhaps it could be added as a purchasable one time buff like the research points or the reinforcements are but the cost would be so high that is not something you would be able to do every time you start a new mission.
one thing I would like to at least hear the feasibility on is having the progress you make on a specific map saved in the event that you later have to fight a defense mission in that same sector. while this seems like common sense I'm not sure the game is actually set up so that this is possible since I think all maps are randomly generated one-time-use affairs and so it doesn't matter if you fight a battle over the same spot three times in a row I suspect the game has no way of knowing that you're actually fighting the same battle three times in a row but if that is a possibility it could make for very interesting defense missions especially at higher difficulty levels

Messages In This Thread
Sector Siege needs improvement - by hunter - 10-27-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by joe1512 - 10-27-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Perq - 11-03-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Perq - 11-03-2017, 01:14 PM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Perq - 11-03-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by joe1512 - 11-03-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Perq - 11-04-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Fear - 11-04-2017, 04:38 PM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Perq - 11-05-2017, 12:19 AM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by joe1512 - 11-06-2017, 04:33 PM
RE: Sector Siege needs improvement - by Farwest - 11-08-2017, 03:35 PM