Questions !

Hi all, I love the idea of this game. It's basically a PVP session game which I dig.

I have a few questions however:

BSE HARVESTERSTATION - According to the stats, this thing has 300 more hull, and 400 less shields than the basic station but costs 1200 more to build. Why would you ever build it? Are there some hidden stats that make it useful? Or are the displayed stats incorrect? (The shield bar looks bigger, so maybe a display bug?).

Targeting - how exactly does orders work? The guns seem to just fire on the nearest no matter what. What does "Strongest" even mean. Would be nice for anti shield weapons to target ships with shields if we want.

Harvesterstation can harvest scrap metal and upgrade points from units that are destroyed nearby, so it has that advantage. It should be explained better for sure.

Targeting is how the item focuses units within its range. Strongest means the turret will target units with most max hull. So that would mean a mothership if the mothership is within range. If not within range it will focus the next strongest and so on until it finds a unit in range. So note that it means "max hull" not "current hull". A mothership will always have the most "max hull".

Weakest is units with least max hull.

Furthest is targeting a unit that is furthest away but still in fire range.

Nearest is nearest unit.

(10-30-2017, 12:56 PM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Harvesterstation can harvest scrap metal and upgrade points from units that are destroyed nearby, so it has that advantage. It should be explained better for sure.

Targeting is how the item focuses units within its range. Strongest means the turret will target units with most max hull. So that would mean a mothership if the mothership is within range. If not within range it will focus the next strongest and so on until it finds a unit in range. So note that it means "max hull" not "current hull". A mothership will always have the most "max hull".

Weakest is units with least max hull.

Furthest is targeting a unit that is furthest away but still in fire range.

Nearest is nearest unit.

Thank you, sir! Well that explains that. I guess limiting the orders forces the player to do more micro.

I dont think they are trying to "limit the orders". I think some of the orders could be replaced though. I mean, closest and furthest? WHY? Closest would kind of be the default, so that makes sense. But furthest? Why on earth would you want to shoot at something the furthest away, where projectiles could miss/shot down, etc? Besides, the shot would most likely just hit whatever was in front of that target anways!!

I like the idea of removing "furthest" and replacing with a Shields and Hull order like you said. SHIELD mode would prioritize units with the highest current shields. HULL mode would shoot at targets with the lowest current shields.

Since orders ARE per-weapon, this would work fine AND actually help out anti-shield/anti-hull weapons be more intelligent options, vs the "general purpose guns" that I typically use. It might be a good Default option for weapons that are almost strictly shield/hull guns such as projectile cannon, vulcan, plasma cannon, plasma eclipse, etc.

I could see a situation where you set it to furthest. ... Might be if you have a Ferris. Weapon that you want to fire a distance away,a layered defence perhaps.... Not sure there is a lot t removing it tho

Clap Wrote:I could see a situation where you set it to furthest. ... Might be if you have a Ferris. Weapon that you want to fire a distance away,a layered defence perhaps....   Not sure there is a lot t removing it tho

I'm sorry but I don't understand.  A ferris weapon?   

Just to clarify, a weapon set to nearest will shoot at a ship far away just as well as a "furthest" set weapon.   The only time the targeting setting would matter is if you had multiple possible ships to target.  In which case, "furthest" would shoot at the one that is furthest away... the one that is likely not yet injured and has full shields.
In most cases you want to focus a single target, not spread damage out.   This setting might work as kind of a ghetto "take out shields" setting on an anti-shield gun, but even then... most of the time the shot will be blocked by the nearer ships anyways!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 08:04 AM by Fear.)

[White = # 212121] почему режим защиты в игре так нечестный? Я понимаю, что противник атаковал, мы этого не ожидали, но зачем давать противнику такое огромное количество бойцов? от них практически невозможно избавиться (есть скриншот этого боя) [white]