Suggestions

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2018, 12:36 PM by Ira671.)

Admiral Geezer,

I posted on your games Twitter page asking if it was possible to coexist with other races that are not exactly human. Such as robots or actual alien races that are playable characters. If the mechanic wasn't possible would it possible to add pets or animals that might be able to contribute our humans survival?

Here are also a few other ideas I wanted to suggest:

- if the playable "alien" or robotic crew members are aboard there should be different mechanics to how they operate on the ship in order to survive.
- Since you were adding moods I was wondering if you could add stuff like quirks. Negative or positive quirks that would make playthroughs interesting. It could also contribute to back story.
Ex. James is a cop before the apocalypse. After it he developed being a wimp, so he gets a quirk that would give him debuff in combat or stressful situation that would affect skills or happiness.

Ex. James - wimp (when scrolled over) - -10 happiness in crisis situation. -10 aim in combat. 10% chance to coward in combat raids.

Another would be space battles. Since were on a ship are we able to deck out the side or ports of our ship with major artillery or weapons? (I was thinking like the Star Wars Star Destroyer or the The Capital ships we usually see in space movies. Big cannons make for big explosions. Shield generators or even minigun turrets. Alien weaponry attached to our ship).
This can also contribute or reputation among faction. The more firepower you have the more likely factions are to notice and the less likely you are attacks by random raiders. The more alien tech you have the more alien factions will take notice and could be hostile or friendly depending on the tech you have if it falls in line with the tech they use or how much they respect you.

If we could since suits or costumes would be thing. Can they have benefits or actual use to make it more fun? Like wearing a Mech suit, a form of power armor or battle suit gives bonuses. Clothing just provides happiness for the crew. It would be awesome to dress someone like Master Chief or a clone trooper. Even having Cloud Strife on the ship for laughs and giggles. (Doesn't have to necessary be exactly those. I just like to dress up my crew the cooler they look the more devastating it would be for me to lose them to a broken hull on the ship or a random headshot from a raider raid.)

Hey Grabin and Admiral Geezer

Something came to mind when I read on the rooms and came up with some ideas on rooms based on that from other games.

In Xcom it is possible to capture live specimen and put them in a container facility that can monitor their behaviour. In the end this can lead to more upgrade for not only the ship but as well as the crew!

Mutations Chamber- Ever thought about having crew that could use alien abilities or even become mutated in ways that we only thought was possible for super heroes. (Of course this would be the point of coexisting with other races on the same ship so to avoid the aspect the mutations can be applied both ways or the benefits can be huge but not too game changing. Ex. Alien race that can breathe toxic fumes can lead to having crew that can breathe toxic fumes. At the cost of having this room it takes a lot of power and there is only a limited number of people that can be mutated at once. And the mutations to take effect can take a while depending on the mutation.

Robotic room- Remember when I said that the alien study chamber can lead to new tech. This room can provide it without having to take such risky lengths to actually change your crew. Specimen can breathe toxic fumes? Well we made gas masks that can filter and clean toxic fumes regardless of environment. Specimen can lift tons of weight. Well worry not we can make power suits that can do the same without having to genetically alter ourselves at any lengths.

The cons of having these rooms.

- Power usage is more
- Crew members with low science and engineering can't use them without risking hurting themselves or other crew.
- can't be build without the "Alien" study chamber. (I use the word alien very loosely.)
- comes with risks that can only be lowered or become non-existent through upgrades on the rooms themselves
- You can have only one of the rooms (this should prevent redundant researches) or if you want having both rooms can lead to clash in Morales from the two different groups that use them.
Ex. Scientist from robotics looks down upon human mutation because it make the crew less human than they originally started. Result in low relationships when coming across scientists or engineers from the mutations lab. (This can also open the door for new personalities or quirks (if you planned to implement the idea about quirks.)
- chance to fail the experiments based on stats that contribute to it?
- chance for the fail experiments to kill or possibly permanently alter the crew members that test the experiment. (Should be based on crew members who are conducting the experiment stats).

Pros
- these rooms can lead to new possibilities on your ship. (NEW ROOMS, NEW WAYS TO HANDLE YOUR SHIP, AND EVEN NEW WAYS TO DECK OUT YOUR CREW IN DIFFERENT STYLES OR TECH.)
- The difference in weaponry (possibility to make a plasma sword or plasma saber.
- Can lead to creating robot companions that contribute to the ship's integrity. This can also be one of the ways we can acquire robot companions??? Let's go C-3PO!
- Crew gain happiness and satisfaction from successful experiments. (Small breakthroughs gain small happiness and so on and so forth.)
- Crew can gain more information and details such as strengths and weaknesses of the alien races they have encountered so far.
- Possibility to domesticate alien animals for crew members to use? (Space cows or Alien Monsters to fight for us!!!) Lol.
- Different understanding in alien tech (acquired through robotics labs.

(07-29-2018, 12:04 PM)Ira671 Wrote: Admiral Geezer,

I posted on your games Twitter page asking if it was possible to coexist with other races that are not exactly human. Such as robots or actual alien races that are playable characters. If the mechanic wasn't possible would it possible to add pets or animals that might be able to contribute our humans survival?

Here are also a few other ideas I wanted to suggest:

- if the playable "alien" or robotic crew members are aboard there should be different mechanics to how they operate on the ship in order to survive.
- Since you were adding moods I was wondering if you could add stuff like quirks. Negative or positive quirks that would make playthroughs interesting. It could also contribute to back story.
Ex. James is a cop before the apocalypse. After it he developed being a wimp, so he gets a quirk that would give him debuff in combat or stressful situation that would affect skills or happiness.

Ex. James - wimp (when scrolled over) - -10 happiness in crisis situation. -10 aim in combat. 10% chance to coward in combat raids.

Another would be space battles. Since were on a ship are we able to deck out the side or ports of our ship with major artillery or weapons? (I was thinking like the Star Wars Star Destroyer or the The Capital ships we usually see in space movies. Big cannons make for big explosions. Shield generators or even minigun turrets. Alien weaponry attached to our ship).
This can also contribute or reputation among faction. The more firepower you have the more likely factions are to notice and the less likely you are attacks by random raiders. The more alien tech you have the more alien factions will take notice and could be hostile or friendly depending on the tech you have if it falls in line with the tech they use or how much they respect you.

If we could since suits or costumes would be thing. Can they have benefits or actual use to make it more fun? Like wearing a Mech suit, a form of power armor or battle suit gives bonuses. Clothing just provides happiness for the crew. It would be awesome to dress someone like Master Chief or a clone trooper. Even having Cloud Strife on the ship for laughs and giggles. (Doesn't have to necessary be exactly those. I just like to dress up my crew the cooler they look the more devastating it would be for me to lose them to a broken hull on the ship or a random headshot from a raider raid.)

Hey Grabin and Admiral Geezer

Something came to mind when I read on the rooms and came up with some ideas on rooms based on that from other games.

In Xcom it is possible to capture live specimen and put them in a container facility that can monitor their behaviour. In the end this can lead to more upgrade for not only the ship but as well as the crew!

Mutations Chamber- Ever thought about having crew that could use alien abilities or even become mutated in ways that we only thought was possible for super heroes. (Of course this would beat the point of coexisting with other races on the same ship so to avoid the aspect the mutations can be applied both ways or the benefits can be huge but not too game changing. Ex. Alien race that can breathe toxic fumes can lead to having crew that can breathe toxic fumes. At the cost of having this room it takes a lot of power and there is only a limited number of people that can be mutated at once. And the mutations to take effect can take a while depending on the mutation.

Robotic room- Remember when I said that the alien study chamber can lead to new tech. This room can provide it without having to take such risky lengths to actually change your crew. Specimen can breathe toxic fumes? Well we made gas masks that can filter and clean toxic fumes regardless of environment. Specimen can lift tons of weight. Well worry not we can make power suits that can do the same without having to genetically alter ourselves at any lengths.

The cons of having these rooms.

- Power usage is more
- Crew members with low science and engineering can't use them without risking hurting themselves or other crew.
- can't be build without the "Alien" study chamber. (I use the word alien very loosely.)
- comes with risks that can only be lowered or become non-existent through upgrades on the rooms themselves
- You can have only one of the rooms (this should prevent redundant researches) or if you want having both rooms can lead to clash in Morales from the two different groups that use them.
Ex. Scientist from robotics looks down upon human mutation because it make the crew less human than they originally started. Result in low relationships when coming across scientists or engineers from the mutations lab. (This can also open the door for new personalities or quirks (if you planned to implement the idea about quirks.)
- chance to fail the experiments based on stats that contribute to it?
- chance for the fail experiments to kill or possibly permanently alter the crew members that test the experiment. (Should be based on crew members who are conducting the experiment stats).

Pros
- these rooms can lead to new possibilities on your ship. (NEW ROOMS, NEW WAYS TO HANDLE YOUR SHIP, AND EVEN NEW WAYS TO DECK OUT YOUR CREW IN DIFFERENT STYLES OR TECH.)
- The difference in weaponry (possibility to make a plasma sword or plasma saber.
- Can lead to creating robot companions that contribute to the ship's integrity. This can also be one of the ways we can acquire robot companions??? Let's go C-3PO!
- Crew gain happiness and satisfaction from successful experiments. (Small breakthroughs gain small happiness and so on and so forth.)
- Crew can gain more information and details such as strengths and weaknesses of the alien races they have encountered so far.
- Possibility to domesticate alien animals for crew members to use? (Space cows or Alien Monsters to fight for us!!!) Lol.
- Different understanding in alien tech (acquired through robotics labs.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions - by Grabin - 05-14-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: Suggestions - by AdmiralGeezer - 05-14-2018, 10:28 AM
RE: Suggestions - by Grabin - 05-14-2018, 11:01 AM
RE: Suggestions - by AdmiralGeezer - 05-14-2018, 11:17 AM
RE: Suggestions - by Grabin - 05-15-2018, 12:04 PM
RE: Suggestions - by Grabin - 06-08-2018, 05:53 AM
RE: Suggestions - by AdmiralGeezer - 06-08-2018, 07:49 AM
RE: Suggestions - by Grabin - 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: Suggestions - by AdmiralGeezer - 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM
RE: Suggestions - by Grabin - 06-13-2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Suggestions - by Grabin - 07-17-2018, 04:07 AM