Battlevoid: Harbinger Feature Requests

From a fine commander:

Have the same top down view of the ships in the formation screen as we see in-game. It's frustrating when trying to set up a defensive formation not being able to see what defenses each ship has. For example: I build up to three Nightingales. I then like to put them side by side. I'll position lasers and gatling guns on the outside of the two outer ships, then the shield boosters on the inside. Man, just try doing that as the game is currently. It's a time consuming challenge going back and forth between the formation menu and the in-game to see if I've gotten it correct.

It'd be nice if there was a way to set the ships up to move in a block formation. It's a shame seeing my defensive formation completely fall apart after directing my ships to move in a little closer to an enemy target.

Maybe a play through 2.0 after finishing a campaign? I'd love to be able to play through a campaign a second time and just watch my beefed up Nightingales and their 15 maxed out Bolters just wreck everyone. It's the most satisfying feeling seeing the fleet I worked so hard to build up zipping all over the screen just blasting everything blowing everything up. Once I get to that point towards the end of a campaign, it's bummer knowing I'll just have them all disappear. But a second play through with the same ships, maybe worth half the XP so people can't exploit the system too badly would be a ton of fun.

The XP/Scoring system could stand to be tweeked a bit. Maybe a points catagory that accounts for number of ships+upgrades. The reason I mention it is I've had campaigns where I get a lot more creative with my play style, but don't make it as far. I had a game yesterday where I played the easy campaign for nearly 3 hours. The reason I took so long was that I was building resources in order to be able to afford different ships, weapons and upgrades. Just experimenting. When one of those experiments failed, I ended up with less XP than had I rushed the campaign and finished it in 15 minutes. It'd be nice if there was a little reward/bonus for the players that really take the time to explore the sandbox you guys have created for us, ya know?

Messages In This Thread
Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - by AdmiralGeezer - 09-13-2015, 04:10 PM