Battlevoid: Harbinger Feature Requests

Given was the word i meant to use in that post, not govern. Anyways,

Here's my input for the day!

I've thought about this FOREVER but I never remember to mention it. We need some sort of warning when our hull integrity reaches a critical level. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten sniped by missiles and rockets halfway through the campaign because I'm paying attention to how my bolter drones are doing on the other side of the map. It's incredibly frustrating and I think it's probably an easy fix. It could be anything, red lights flashing at the edge of the screen, a notification from a crew member or Eden.

I haven't found any use for the plasma bombers yet. They are very slow, and have very low hull integrity, as they are only able to sustain a few hits from bolter or gatling PD. Maybe leave the speed how it is, but increase the hull integrity a bit? They could be useful additions to the fleet, but for now, I can't find an efficient use for them, as they usually don't survive the trip to the enemy fleet.

Will we be able to connect our Battlestation account to our app? This would be a really cool feature, because at some point, I could see the website becoming more of a community, where we could have our achievements on the site for everyone else to view. Also, I really just want the characters to call me Fleet Admiral Hood! Big Grin

A slight update for the physical appearance of the ships would be nice. I understand if you think it's a waste of time and resources, but it's just something I've thought about a lot. I'm a very detail oriented person, so naturally, I zoom in on the ships as much as possible to see what they look like, but it's all pixels from up close, so it's sort of a turn off. Of course this is 100% my opinion, so maybe I'm the only one that feels that way. If that's the case, forget I said anything!

Pirates? There's been a lot of talk on the forums about pirates, and I think it would be a great addition. Human pirates in ships exclusive to the pirates could drop items similar to those dropped by the asteroids, or a large cache of research points or scrap. Just another way to add variety and spontaneity to the game. I could see it as a side mission (eliminate pirates in sector 4...) or random event (pirates enter the sector you are in currently). Argh.

The idea of a crew has been tossed around these forums more than a beach ball at a Nickleback concert, and I'm here to help pass it around some more. There's an incredible game called Artemis, where 6 people play as the crew of a ship, which is what I'm basing my suggestion off of 100%. Obviously, the ship needs a captain. While you are the captain of your flagship, your fleet will need a captain per ship. The captain oversees all of the other crew members, making sure everyone is working as efficiently as possible. Each ship requires a Helms Officer. Helms controls the ship's movement and warping. Next is the Weapons Officer. This position is pretty self explanatory, but for those who are unsure, this person is in charge of the ships weapons and shields. Next is the Engineering Officer. This officer is in charge of power management and integrity of the ship. Although this doesn't apply to Harbinger's current features, having a good Engineering Officer on board could just provide the benefit of reduced wait for shield recharge/weapon fire rate/etc. Next is the Communications Officer. The Comms Officer is in charge of all inter-ship communications. The benefit of a Comms Officer in Harbinger could be increased coordination between ships in the fleet, the ability to activate distress beacons, and increased fighter and drone coordination. The Science Officer is the last bridge officer. This officer provides scientific information for the rest of the crew, such as enemy shield levels, and "anomalies" (such as items or asteroids in the sector) scattered in the space surrounding the ship.

I'm truly sorry I wrote such a long suggestion. I will do my best not to do this to you again, I know you're pressed for time, with the new year sneaking up so soon. Good luck team!

Messages In This Thread
Battlestation: Harbinger Feature Requests - by Fleet Admiral Hood - 11-19-2015, 06:42 PM