Questions and suggestions

This game is really nice but is there a trading system in place? I met a merchant ship but couldn't figure out how to trade with them.
Also, I think it would be dead useful if you could scroll through your crew rather than having to click through them separately.
And you need to stop shuttles leaving crew on derelicts, they keep passing out from lack of oxygen. ?

Agreed, crew not refilling their O2 on derelicts is SUPER incovenient. Also, crew need to be selectable from the main screen similar to how each one is listed at the top of the screen UI at all times.

(04-19-2019, 09:32 PM)Arboroursus Wrote: This game is really nice but is there a trading system in place? I met a merchant ship but couldn't figure out how to trade with them.
Also, I think it would be dead useful if you could scroll through your crew rather than having to click through them separately.
And you need to stop shuttles leaving crew on derelicts, they keep passing out from lack of oxygen. ?

There is a TRADE button in the lower left. (Similar as the SALVAGE button on derelict ships).

(04-20-2019, 07:26 AM)Secondo quanto Wrote: Agreed, crew not refilling their O2 on derelicts is SUPER incovenient. Also, crew need to be selectable from the main screen similar to how each one is listed at the top of the screen UI at all times.

the crew automatically loads O2 when the resources are transferred, the charge is manual only when you go to explore. I think in part it is right that during the exploration the reload must be manual, it adds an additional sense of character management. Obviously this is my opinion

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 10:19 PM by Arboroursus.)

(04-20-2019, 03:29 PM)Marcade Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:32 PM)Arboroursus Wrote: This game is really nice but is there a trading system in place? I met a merchant ship but couldn't figure out how to trade with them.

There is a TRADE button in the lower left. (Similar as the SALVAGE button on derelict ships).

Cheers, I found it a few hours after posting this! Should pay more attention I guess.....

(04-20-2019, 04:09 PM)ivanmadness97 Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 07:26 AM)Secondo quanto Wrote: Agreed, crew not refilling their O2 on derelicts is SUPER incovenient. Also, crew need to be selectable from the main screen similar to how each one is listed at the top of the screen UI at all times.

the crew automatically loads O2 when the resources are transferred, the charge is manual only when you go to explore. I think in part it is right that during the exploration the reload must be manual, it adds an additional sense of character management. Obviously this is my opinion

I think it might have been a glitch, sometimes if you undraft the shuttle it leaves the airlock and just randomly flies about. Sorted now though.

I also didn't realise that you could salvage for resources (food, water) and salvage components separately. That's improved my playthrough immensely.

Will we be able to research larger oxygen tanks? Or put mini air recyclers on the shuttle that can split oxygen from CO2?

(04-20-2019, 10:15 PM)Arboroursus Wrote:

Cheers, I found it a few hours after posting this! Should pay more attention I guess.....

(04-20-2019, 07:26 AM)Secondo quanto Wrote: Agreed, crew not refilling their O2 on derelicts is SUPER incovenient. Also, crew need to be selectable from the main screen similar to how each one is listed at the top of the screen UI at all times.

I think it might have been a glitch, sometimes if you undraft the shuttle it leaves the airlock and just randomly flies about. Sorted now though.

I also didn't realise that you could salvage for resources (food, water) and salvage components separately. That's improved my playthrough immensely.

I had a similar situation where one of the crew members died during salvaging; she didn't keep the distance to the ship in mind so she ran out of oxygen and sleep before she could return. Bit frustrating.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 08:38 AM by Arboroursus.)

(04-21-2019, 06:45 AM)Marcade Wrote:

I had a similar situation where one of the crew members died during salvaging; she didn't keep the distance to the ship in mind so she ran out of oxygen and sleep before she could return. Bit frustrating.
You can send drafted crew to share oxygen with their crewmates, I've had to do it a few times to stop untimely deaths.

You can send drafted crew to share oxygen with their crewmates, I've had to do it a few times to stop untimely deaths.

(04-21-2019, 08:38 AM)Arboroursus Wrote:

How on earth did you find that out?

That's a bit of my other problem. Lack of clear directions/instructions of what's possible. Also I have no idea what I can expect in this Alpha release. I have salvaged many ships, but except for reading the story in data logs, I am wondering if I can expect much new situations? Or have i really landed in the rinse and repeat case of hyperdrive & salvage & hyperdrive & salvage & hyperdrive & salvage & hyperdrive & salvage ...

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 02:32 PM by Arboroursus.)

If you select a drafted crew member then right click on the downed crew member there will be an icon for share O2, right click is contextual so I just try it on everything to see what happens.

Some way to pick up crew and carry them (at a greatly reduced speed) would be cool, especially if you could send several crew to do it and not have a speed penalty.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that while the shuttle has reaction thruster animations (a frankly fantastic touch) it have no main thruster animations.

My chaps occasionally EVA to dismantle wall mounted objects form outside the ship, in a future release could there be an MMU type airlock to help guys get around faster?