Trading

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 02:18 PM by Merana33.)

So, I figured out how to set up a trade with an NPC ship, my half of the trade is loaded into the airlock, but nothing ever happens beyond that. Shuttle doesn't pick up/transfer supplies. NPC often ends up jumping out without the trade ever completing. Am I supposed to do something specific, or is this a bug?

(04-22-2019, 02:18 PM)Merana33 Wrote: So, I figured out how to set up a trade with an NPC ship, my half of the trade is loaded into the airlock, but nothing ever happens beyond that. Shuttle doesn't pick up/transfer supplies. NPC often ends up jumping out without the trade ever completing. Am I supposed to do something specific, or is this a bug?

It should happen automatically, just set up the trade then wait. Sometimes the crew of the trade ship can be a bit slow in loading their side of the deal.

Some kind of countdown timer would be good to let you know how long you have to trade.

Trading is a bit unfinished still and we will aim to solve the issues with it!

(04-22-2019, 02:18 PM)Merana33 Wrote: So, I figured out how to set up a trade with an NPC ship, my half of the trade is loaded into the airlock, but nothing ever happens beyond that. Shuttle doesn't pick up/transfer supplies. NPC often ends up jumping out without the trade ever completing. Am I supposed to do something specific, or is this a bug?

I've found that if I explore the traders ship first, trade actions go off without a problem.  Be careful, though.  Pay attention to the faction of the ship before you try to board it.  I boarded a pirate faction ship thinking it was a trade vessel, and had to kill their crew.  Hope this helps!

That's awesome! Cheers for the tip.