Smoke in Ship

I have been accumulating smoke near my kitchen area which is also near the crew beds. There had been fire incidents, due to accidents I think, but those were put out quickly. Does the smoke linger after a fire and what sources of it should I look for. I have a scrubber on the other side of the room. I tried dismantling the kitchen and rebuilding to no avail. Maybe building a vent? Great game, thanks!

A scrubber will eventually clear it out! If it is near enough. It will take some time though. You can also open a vent on the airlock and let it be sucked out into space, but this has a negative effect too. Your facilities will take damage.

(04-29-2019, 07:21 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: A scrubber will eventually clear it out! If it is near enough. It will take some time though. You can also open a vent on the airlock and let it be sucked out into space, but this has a negative effect too. Your facilities will take damage.

Yes, I put a second scrubber next to the kitchen and that solved the problem. I guess the crew kept burning their toast!

I find that you can also vent through your air locks.  It does do some damage to surrounding equipment but it clears smoke very quickly.

(05-01-2019, 04:45 PM)Celtic_Raider Wrote: I find that you can also vent through your air locks.  It does do some damage to surrounding equipment but it clears smoke very quickly.

I added a vent to the "machine room" and that did help but having the scrubber nearby was definitely better. The kitchen seems to catch fire due to accidents every so often.