crew sleeping!!! hehe and a quick mining question

I'm having fun with the sandbox mode on Alpha 0.5.3.  Everything was going great, until all work on my new ship ceased.  Little did I know, my entire crew was asleep on the mining station! lol  Lazy bums!! Smile

On a serious note though, how exactly does mining work?  I found on the map several resource locations, and I ticked the "+" button to increase the resource "amount".  I also assigned miners.  Is this all I need to do?  I was told I was low on "critical resources".

Thanks! Love the game so far!

Hey, Zoldos!

Yep, you only need to assign how much you want to be mined, and then make sure someone has mining on at least a low priority in the crew priority management menu. Preferably put someone on high for it.

If you hover your mouse on the low resources it will let you know which critical ones are low. Even if you mine ice for example, you still have to refine it to water with a water purifier =)

(09-04-2019, 07:57 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Hey, Zoldos!

Yep, you only need to assign how much you want to be mined, and then make sure someone has mining on at least a low priority in the crew priority management menu. Preferably put someone on high for it.

If you hover your mouse on the low resources it will let you know which critical ones are low. Even if you mine ice for example, you still have to refine it to water with a water purifier =)

Ah okay cool, thanks!  One more question, how do I "explore" abandoned nearby ships?  And how do I "use" what I find there?

Do you have the blue objective tutorial notifications turned on? They will guide you.

Basically you need to draft your crew, put them in a shuttle and then take the shuttle to the derelict ship and explore.
Explore the whole ship until it lights up indicating it has been completely explored.
Then undraft your crew and shuttle. So no need to keep them drafted after the ship has been explored.
Then select the ship by clicking on a floor tile, then choose "salvage" from the lower left menu.
Select what kind of materials you want to be salvaged.
Keep crew and shuttle undrafted and let them do stuff automatically Smile

But the blue objectives and the salvage notification will also explain!

Okay I'll check it out! Thanks for the info! Big Grin