Quick Suggestion

Hey,
Recently I’ve been enjoying the second scenario, however noticing that character skill progression is currently not implemented, my question, and subsequent suggestion is: why are the skill restrictions in? Building a hyperdrive requires a construction skill of 6, however if you don’t start with a character who has a skill of 6, you can’t leave the starting system. Unless I am missing something? Could you not disable the restrictions until progression is implemented? 

Thanks,

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 10:04 AM by AdmiralGeezer.)

Well, this is the first time anyone has actually read that Smile Which is quite something!

There are no restrictions, it means more "complexity" than needed skill level. It's also something that has been left there from maybe 2 years ago. Skill levels are maxed at 3 at the moment and many facilities have "skill" (Complexity) beyond that.

We shall remove it from the facility description in for the next version, as it will only serve to confuse at this point. It should be modified to fit the current system if it is to be there. But yeah, right now no restrictions so build away. The way a skill level affects now when building more complex buildings is how long it takes and accident rates, which also affect how long it takes. So it does matter a little who is building but not to any great extent. As long as you assign construction for some of the better crew members everything should be running quite smoothly regarding construction.

(02-06-2020, 10:04 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Well, this is the first time anyone has actually read that Smile Which is quite something!

There are no restrictions, it means more "complexity" than needed skill level. It's also something that has been left there from maybe 2 years ago. Skill levels are maxed at 3 at the moment and many facilities have "skill" (Complexity) beyond that.

We shall remove it from the facility description in for the next version, as it will only serve to confuse at this point. It should be modified to fit the current system if it is to be there. But yeah, right now no restrictions so build away. The way a skill level affects now when building more complex buildings is how long it takes and accident rates, which also affect how long it takes. So it does matter a little who is building but not to any great extent. As long as you assign construction for some of the better crew members everything should be running quite smoothly regarding construction.
Aw, then maybe I’m doing something else wrong that’s affecting it, I just assumed that was the case. Sorry!

Uhmm, would love to see space effect on the ship in different sectors. Ex: The closer to a star the ship is, the more risk of solar flare ( Which would randomly burn the ship and made it hotter. Then u can have sheild up to prevent the effect to being fatal but it would draw a higher power level to keep the shield up unless u have some solar panel to even out the effects.