Bug Report: Tech Blocks

The Recycler does not turn Tech Scrap into Tech Blocks.  It instead makes Infra Blocks and Electronics.  Tech Blocks are the biggest roadblock in the entire game and it is way too hard to get them, since making them requires an almost ungodly amount of Tech Blocks to begin with, since you have to build up major infrastructure to get to the point where you can make them yourself.

Not a bug Smile Tech blocks are made of infra and electronic components, so if you have the right assembler you can then again turn tech scrap into tech blocks. Tech blocks are a higher level resources, so that's the reason.

i had a similar roadblock where i didn't have enough tech blocks to make the series of machines the lead to making tech blocks.
i think sometimes you have to manage your resources by disassembling things you dont need at the moment. 
this is how i got around it on Medium difficulty.

i had used all my tech blocks to build the various consoles, a turret (saved me from a pirate) and crew entertainment when i first started heading out. i had 0 at that point.
when i got to place where i wanted to start making my own, i disassembled all the consoles save the navigation one (in case i had to bolt from a pirate), disassembled the turret, the arcades, the jukebox, the medical bed, and anything else i did not need right that minute.

then i built the assembly line of machines needed to make my own tech blocks. once i started making them, i started to rebuild what i had disassembled until i had it all back and still had the assembly line. (plus a second turrent)

i also traded with other ships for some infrablocks when i could, since they were cheap to buy (around 130 credits)

(05-27-2020, 06:19 PM)darrengray9 Wrote: i had a similar roadblock where i didn't have enough tech blocks to make the series of machines the lead to making tech blocks.
i think sometimes you have to manage your resources by disassembling things you dont need at the moment. 
this is how i got around it on Medium difficulty.

i had used all my tech blocks to build the various consoles, a turret (saved me from a pirate) and crew entertainment when i first started heading out. i had 0 at that point.
when i got to place where i wanted to start making my own, i disassembled all the consoles save the navigation one (in case i had to bolt from a pirate), disassembled the turret, the arcades, the jukebox, the medical bed, and anything else i did not need right that minute.

then i built the assembly line of machines needed to make my own tech blocks. once i started making them, i started to rebuild what i had disassembled until i had it all back and still had the assembly line. (plus a second turrent)

i also traded with other ships for some infrablocks when i could, since they were cheap to buy (around 130 credits)

Hey there,
I used this method in a previous game as well, but currently my starting system does not feature raw chemicals, so I am unable to produce optronics components which leaves me unable to build techblocks.

Now I have to dismantle a lot of machinery in order to being able to travel to a different system.
Okay, this is some sort of solution but it feels kind of frustrating to constantly push rare resources around in order to "proceed".

To me the lack of techblocks is too much of a roadblock.
Maybe the resources of the first system could use some fine-tuning here.

Just my two cents.

Thanks
Karl

Rainbow 

yes, some guaranteed resources in the first system would probably be good.
i did have raw chemicals in my starting sector and in one or two others in the first system.
i was not so fortunate on ICE though. i had to buy most of mine from other ships.
toward the end of the first system i was getting very worried about water. i only had 14 waters left and no ice.
i got lucky and when i jumped to the second system there was a ship in the first sector that sold some water. i messed something up and had to reload and jump to the system again, and this time the ship had water and 20 ice [Image: rainbow.png]
makes me wonder if you can load a few times and get different things to buy from ships when they enter a sector and you enter their sector.