Battlestation: Harbinger Content Update Kickstarter

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of the game, even though I just came on board a few weeks ago after reading your Kickstarter. I absolutely love Harbinger. There's definitely some balancing to be done, but please don't nerf stuff, just make the weak stuff more powerful, this game is already quite difficult until you get further on.

What I would like to see in a content upgrade:

Better point defense. The lasers are obviously the worst here, as they're ineffectual against everything, including fighters. I dont care what you choose, whether it's better balance, or you introduce new turrets, or what, all I know for sure is that it's really frustrating when my enemies can knock out 4-5 missiles and I struggle to kill one.

Easier upgrading. It's obnoxious when I can buy a new ship before I can upgrade a turret, and that happens constantly in this game. Just seems really bassackwards, as they say. My personal suggestion would be mining asteroids and building a supply chain as you conquer, this would make the upgrades easier and add an element of strategy, but I realize that that might be a large project, so maybe I should make that part a PC suggestion, rather than a suggestion for the mobile app.

Engine upgrades. As the game progresses, I'd like to be able to travel more than one system over in a turn, so I could make more strategic moves and conquer every star system. Think MoO II.

Hull/armor upgrades. Make me harder to kill, man! Maybe trade off speed/maneuverability for this.

SHIP SIZE UPGRADES!!! Sorry for caps, but this is the one I really want. Let me add onto my current ships, rather than build a whole new one. I'd much rather have limited ship choice and greater variety in ship buildout, this would let me build to my own style, rather than the preconfigurations that we currently have. This would make this game so much more fun.

I second these suggestions from other people:

More interaction with battle stations.

Drone missions. (Especially if you add a mining ability)

Worm holes. Not necessarily harder enemies, just different ones, or even a pathway between star systems like in MoO II.

And on the subject of MoO II, could we do heroes that up ship or even fleet stats? That would be so cool!

That's all I have for now, I'll check back later!

Messages In This Thread
Battlestation: Harbinger Content Update Kickstarter - by eric.dunham - 09-24-2015, 11:07 PM