Industrial Priority

Information  (This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 01:28 PM by Segavi.)

[Excuse my bad English]

I been playing a few weeks and i always found me on troubles when try to get energy bars or water (when that are under 10). I temporaly set the logistic priority to "1" on energy refinery and my crew carry cristals to the facility but the crew that has max priority onĀ "industrial" try to do other things before create energy rods (like recicle or refine metal). I always cancel every industrial work and wait to reactivate them. That situation would be inneededĀ if we have another priority on facility setup called "industrial Priority" (just on the facility UI), to adjust what are the work that we want first and what aren`t really vital.
I been reading what you think.

Yeah, the priority system is pretty broken. Best way to emergency get something done is turn everything else off. I think it may just be the job taking system, where one guy will bring the goods to do something and another will "que" to do the next step, even though he is on the other side of the ship. Sometimes the first guy was even capable of doing that job, but the magical job available system got to the other guy first?

(09-06-2020, 04:54 PM)tarzool Wrote: Yeah, the priority system is pretty broken. Best way to emergency get something done is turn everything else off. I think it may just be the job taking system, where one guy will bring the goods to do something and another will "que" to do the next step, even though he is on the other side of the ship. Sometimes the first guy was even capable of doing that job, but the magical job available system got to the other guy first?

Yeah, i hate that happens. I got a ship with 26 crew and i asign 3 turns (2 turns of 9 crew and 1 turn of 8 crew) and i spend lot of time trying to have crews for every jobs and when i been watching my resources i always have lack of something.
I think if we would have the chance for asign a crew to only work on a machine (or a few machines, not the whole industrial sector) it would be resolved easily.

I would say an option where assigning a job via a facility's Jobs tab should include, as part of the action, refreshing all thence available jobs; this would make the job the crewman already had immediately available to reassign. Through micromanagement, crew could be kept on specific machines.

I understand periodic computations are resource intensive, but doing them as part of another action, in other words only when needed, is much more efficient.