Extended Edition Android Beta Test and Feedback!

Loving the beta so far. I just lost in the 3rd level against celestials because their three crazy mega plasma cannons, but i still had a ton of fun up to that point. Something I noticed that carried over from before the beta, when you pick up beacons, you can stack them on top of old beacons in your cargo, and if the old beacons are from another race, the new beacon is transformed into an old one, rendering it useless.

Also, death rays are one of the most powerful weapons I've found in the game, and they are incredibly common. I got 4 from the celestials.

Loving the beta, a few bugs, lots of feedback and a few suggestions:
1. BUG - I picked up a flak cannon that was already maxed at 100 accuracy but it had the option of upgrading the accuracy further. Here is a picture:
[Image: d450a566]
2. BUG - Love the new environments however asteroids just disappear when they collide with a big ship which looks weird. An explosion or impact effect would make it look much better.
3. FEEDBACK - Do the beacons need to be race specific or can they just be generic for all races? As others have pointed out they don't stack properly and I've never seen them working as intended. This would make the beacon mechanic simpler too.
4. FEEDBACK - New weapons are good, however occasionally bump into a single enemy that can wipe out my fleet in a matter of seconds due to them having a high level weapon. This is kind of expected, but it would feel better if higher power weapons were reserved for boss areas or for the nemesis rather than random ships.
5. FEEDBACK - Station-assigned missions would really benefit from a short bit of flavour text. Why do I need to fly to this sector, or retrieve this crate, or find this black hole?
6. FEEDBACK - like the idea, but feels like the mercenaries are too expensive at the moment to justify using them.
7. FEEDBACK - there is no real counter for rockets, they're too fast for fighters or point defense to shoot down and they bypass shields. They've kind of replaced the projectile cannon for me as the standard human weapon.
8. FEEDBACK - Teleports, escape pod, or shield boosts in the red slot are still fairly pointless as it is not worth losing the DPS from weapons to use them. Could these have a dedicated subsystem slot instead? This would encourage different play styles without the playing having to lose DPS.
9. SUGGESTION - Add some splash damage when larger ships or stations explode? At the moment there really isn't much benefit in keeping your distance from enemies when warping into a sector once you have flak cannons and nukes.

Hope these help, and I look forward to the final version.

Wouldn't let me edit, here is the picture:
[Image: 2015_12_01_08_57_35.png]

Awesome update! The story text is properly spaced now and the fighters haven't run off map so far. I also love the visuals for the hazard sectors! They can make it quite a challenge, I had to pass through one to get to the final base and it made it a bit difficult to show up with now shields. Smile

I like the new variety of bases and that you can get missions from them and from mercenaries. The mercenaries are cool but a bit expensive early on--but great for luring enemies into that sector.

Play balance seems pretty good to me. I know hard is supposed to be, well, hard, but it can be difficult to outfit a ship in the beginning to be able to do much. Especially with a timed mission to start.

I've had two strange things happen. I've only seen each happen once, but I'll report anyway.

At one point in a Trolgar galaxy, my ships suddenly appeared in the destination sector facing a different way than they flew in like usual. That happened for each jump after that (I think they were always oriented facing the top of the screen) in that galaxy. I made it to the next galaxy and my ships were back to normal.

In a Celestial galaxy my ship sprite disappeared. I would get the jump animation, but no ship visible. Enemy ships, my starbase, and hazards did not react to me. I exited the program and came back and all was well and I was where I was supposed to be. Hasn't happened since.

Awesome job, thanks!
Nexus 7 Android 4.4.4

By the way, what are is the yellow damage indicate?

Just happened that i entered an normal sector and afterwards i could not move to any direction from there. I saw the spacemap but the lines to other places were missing and only way out of this was to restart the game.
[Image: uwxrZMN.jpg][Image: 76561197990064356.png]

Bug description : Repair weapons stop working on the first map when you purchase your first party member.

To replicate : Purchase a repair gun and/or go next to a station that has a repair gun (repair drones probably also suffer this problem but I haven't tested this yet). Now purchase a party member. All repair weapons now stop working until you progress to the second map, this includes space stations and ships not repairing themselves or other friendly craft. Selecting a ship and choosing repair, or repair at station still works fine, this bug ONLY affects weapons.

I meant to report this early but I forgot. This bug has been present since at least 1.1.7 (The first version of the game I tried).

What you describe is exactly what happens when you get hit by a "debuff" when you enter a lightning/electrical sector. It seems there is a chance that you can't move for one turn and have to press end turn first before the lines reappear.

Quote:Just happened that i entered an normal sector and afterwards i could not move to any direction from there. I saw the spacemap but the lines to other places were missing and only way out of this was to restart the game.

What you describe is exactly what happens when you get hit by a “debuff” when you enter a lightning/electrical sector. It seems there is a chance that you can’t move for one turn and have to press end turn first before the lines reappear. I notice that you said "normal sector" though....