Extended Edition Android Beta Test and Feedback!

From an awesome Commander elsewhere:

Hi, BugByte!

The BattleStation Harbinger is very cool game! It it became especially interesting after the latest update. Here's some feedback..

Got into a nasty bug with the game: I've completed all missions and killed all enemies of the episode 1/4 and moved to the next map, the episode 2/4, where I travelled to a neighbouring starsystem and then quit. When I resumed the game, the loaded game was broken: I was still on the map of episode 1/4, in the system next to the exit system (not in the exit system itself), with half of the missions incomplete and many enemies and enemy bases still intact. This is very discouraging since now it turns out that all my completion of episode 1/4 was in vain... please fix the save games..

Also, there are some other bugs and things I've noticed:

1. It is possible to pick any ship for the beginning, even if I still did not unlock it yet - simply chose the locked one, exit to main menu, go back to the "start game" menu, the ship is selected and you can go with it.

2. It takes very very long to switch between difficulty levels in the "start game" menu. When I choose another difficulty, it takes like 5 seconds to switch.

3. Please make the game remember the last difficulty I was playing on and the last ship.

4. The in-game autofocus on "interesting items" and target enemies breaks the player focus. Imagine: I warp into a system, start giving orders, at this moment the camera moves to a far edge of the map, showing some item, and effectively leaves my ships half-assesed with enemies attacking. This is not good - I don't want the camera to forcibly move to some crate somewhere and leave my ships. This is especially annoying if the enemy forces are strong and I want to command the war operation, not look at some crate or enemy base, which I already know is there. This feature definitely begs for a re-implementation or re-considering.

5. Once I got into situation in an energy storm system where storms were happening faster than the engines recovered. I could not leave the system for several turns, until somehow I managed to do it. Idk if this is really a bug, but for missions which are to be completed in a certain number of turns, this is rather significant.. but can be considered a part of gameplay.

6. Enemies are a bit stupid: like a weak ship can warp in to a system with a human base, couple of human ships and a horde of fighters... what was it hoping for? Enemies really need some improvement.. they became much better with the update, but still behave rather strange.

7. The additional ships that a player buys are more like augments to his main ship, not like separate ships.. neither their navigation, nor their targeting is like separate ships.. this is ok if it's a part of gameplay, but feels a bit strange. I can't even warp them into different parts of a star system.. and even if I could.. would there be any real benifit to it?

8. When on the map I see human and enemy ships in the same system, but I am not there, it seems like they are not interacting at all. They can really sit several turns there, but when I warp in, the battle begins and one of the sides quickly takes the upper hand. BTW, the NPC ships almost always get destroyed in seconds (if they are not starbases). Idk what to do with this, but.. maybe something could be done.

9. More missions and variety of sectors please!!! It would be cool if there was some building tasks, building protection tasks, more convoy tasks, good delivery tasks, ambush, defence, siege, mining, and other things... but I am sure you already have some plan on what you do next, so I just wait Smile

Anyway, the latest major update you did was great! It really made the game much better.

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Extended Edition Android Beta Test and Feedback! - by AdmiralGeezer - 01-07-2016, 02:55 PM