Extended Edition Android Beta Test and Feedback!

AdmiralGeezer, I'm on a T-Mobile S5, android 5.0.

Nikita, I think energy and projectile cannons are okay, now. They were cheap starter weapons, and now, they behave like them. I don't think they were ever supposed to be 'cheap awesome'. A lot of upgrades are still really weak though - for instance, laser cannon's damage upgrades seem underwhelming. Perhaps it's to compensate for the instant-hit nature of lasers? Though, reduced range seems to do a good job of that. (DEATH RAYS ARE AWESOME!)

Previously, there was no reason to use anything else, even rare weapons you could find in containers. One energy cannon and a fleet of projectile cannons ruled the skies. (That is, until bolters got involved.)

As for missiles . . . ignoring shields seems to be their thing. It's what sets rockets missiles and nukes, apart from other weapons as a class.. If you don't think point defense isn't proficient at shooting them down, perhaps point defense should be buffed against missiles somehow, instead? I know I have had to do some acrobatics jumping in and out of some sectors to survive missile-heavy encounters. I'm right now in the middle of a game where I met five ships - three with two missile/rocket batteries - and had my entire, heavily upgraded fleet stripped away until it was just me. I'm in the next galaxy, and still rebuilding from that.

I find that in the new balance, laser point defense with one hull damage upgrade is actually very handy on PD.

I also find an increased difficulty - largely from ships with an increased number of fighter bays. Enemies carrying heavy fighter complements have been tearing me up, especially when they show up in groups.

It took me a long time to find death rays and photon cannons, but both of these are fun. (Even though "photon cannon" basically means laser. I guess it could technically be something exotic like a maser or x-ray or gamma laser, but still, some kind of 'aser'.)

I like the increased variety in station supply . . . however, it'd be nice if there were a way to update their supply. Pay money to turn over the stock, or maybe stock turns over when you complete that station's quest.

Messages In This Thread
Extended Edition Android Beta Test and Feedback! - by Lurkily - 11-28-2015, 01:34 PM