Extended Edition update part 1 out now!

[Image: 5.jpg]

Commanders! We have updated the game on Google Play today, it is already live so hurry up and update to play the newest Harbinger. This is Extended Edition update part 1.

Apple update should be live next week, hold on Apple Commanders!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXv_xzSS82c

Here are some of the new things added:
  • New races
  • New environments
  • Enhance AI
  • New missions, complete them from Battlestations
  • New turrets
  • Missile bombers!

Don't get me wrong, but I am dissapointed not to see new player ships. Very fast and lightly armedd ships with small guns as main armament, ships devoted to broadsides or frontal assaults only, etc. Particularly in the ships you can purchase, near the endgame it sems like there's only the two-gun ship, the two-gun/two hangar ship, and then four guns and a hangar. No intermeddiate steps, no ships that are capable for less expense, because of the high rank.

I was hoping to see new ships, and not just BETTER ships, but more interesting ships based on a concept. My thoughts are along the lines of a discount resolution, with no big guns, only two hangars and maybe extra small guns, but for less expense than the Resolution. A big charger with perhaps three heavy weapons, but no small guns at all, to permit players to bring flak guns, teslas, and vulcans into battle effectively without having to limp around in tiny ships. Some small, nimble ships, quick enough to do a little rocket-dodging work at mid-range, and with only small guns to work with - no heavy weapons, no hangars, they just have to out-dance their opponent.

It's nice to see the culmination of the beta concepts brought together. Point defense seems a little more effective, and the various PD's are really differentiated, with lasers/gatlings two sides of a coin, and bolters a very basic PD that can be upgraded to be highly effective.

This update is amazing!!! I'm enthralled with the new races and environments. However, there are just two things that I find kind of annoying. Firstly, the map. I get that by hiding the entire map, we get a sense of exploration but I wish I could see it in full, so I know where my fleet is heading. And second, <strong><em>THE RED LINES ON THE EDGES OF THE SCREEN!!!!! PLEASE GET RID OF THEM, THEY LOOK AWFUL AND ARE COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY!!!! anyway, I love the update, can't wait for part two!

The red lines are useful to me - I know I'm not the only one here who's scrolled off to watch enemy ships only to get a 'game over' because the lack of any kind of indicator that my flagship was dying meant that I had no warning to jump away.

They are kind of jarring in their contrast to the background, yet they're impossible to miss, too. I can't really advocate removing a feature that's saved me from more than one lost game sneaking up on me. Making it optional wouldn't be a problem, though.