Harbinger PC Early Access Feedback

The PC version doesn't like my Surface Pro 3's screen resolution. I tried higher and lower resolutions from the launcher but full screen looks like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30xrrf5x0yz5a9...1.png?dl=0

And windowed is close and looks like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycp82n711bxcd9...2.png?dl=0

But it cuts off enough of the bottom of the screen that I can't see/click the star map icon. Therefore I can't leave the first star/sector. So that this point it is unplayable for me.

Maybe in a later update, might it be possible to rename our ships?

Made it up to the 5th Galaxy. Very enjoyable game Smile

At some future expansion, you might want to add a 'tech' slot. Move the Transporter there and add things like Engine Boosters, Maneuvering Thrusters, Long Range Sensors. Possibly move over the Repair beams.

Would allow for another category of ship - sort of a buffing ship.

Made it up to the 6th Galaxy. Very enjoyable game Smile

At some future expansion, you might want to add a 'tech' slot. Move the Transporter there and add things like Engine Boosters, Maneuvering Thrusters, Long Range Sensors. Possibly move over the Repair beams.

Would allow for another category of ship - sort of a buffing ship.

Not early access but I guess UI feedback could still go in this thread. The methods to move the map screens via mouse are inconsistent and there's no way in the settings to make them match. On the Starmap it's hold the mouse button and drag but no edge detection, the in game map is edge detection, no hold and drag. I'd like a few more settings to let me modify that behavior.

Also, I haven't found where us Kickstarter backers at patreon and above can download the soundtrack, the steam key I got didn't have the soundtrack included.

Oh and finally, love the new BSE Patreon Smile

That's an issue with Window's scaling settings. Go to where you have Battlestation Harbinger installed, typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlestation Harbinger" right click on harbinger.exe file and select properties, then go to the Compatibility tab at the top and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" near the bottom. Works like a charm on my Surface Pro.

And I can't seem to edit my post so I'll have to put a new one, that last post about the scaling settings is in reply to Scott.

Just wanted to say that the game is GREAT! Its really fun to play with the BSE Patreon.

From a fine Commander elsewhere:

1. having a 'borderless fullscreen' mode as almost every game offers these days would be great, or at least an option to set a custom resolution for windowed mode
2. having the game auto-pause when the game window loses focus e.g. when you tab out to another program, would be really good
3. shields should recharge instantly when you enter a sector with no enemies, not just after the end of combat
4. doubleclicking a ship portrait in the left side ships list should focus camera on it, same way as doubleclicking 1, 2, 3
5. if you set the game at double speed, having it cancel every time you jump into combat and revert to single speed is really annoying
anyway this is just some feedback based on my time with it so far. really enjoying it and look forward to future updates!

From a fine Commander elsewhere:

Will there be future settings on how each section is randomized? I find I die a lot more if I'm stuck in a group of harzard sectores where you can't repair and the enemies will jump on you so you die running.

Also, will there be a way to see the prices of all ships so you know much to save up for before selling a lower end ship?

Who is space limited to 4 pick ups? I like to take all parts off my ship before I sell it kinda annoying that's all

Sometimes I'll jump in with a full fleet and my main ship will die and I lose without any warning where I show up on my jump. It's like I was spawn killed, maybe a update so there is a distance from enemie lines

Not too sure if I like your escape pod idea because it limited fire power and what the point of the distress call? You can't use it in combat so I find it useless.

But overall I love the game it's very fun, just after constant gameplay for the few days I'm owned it and have hit lvl 10

And one more thing, will there be future updates for new game modes and bigger fleets? Thanks!