Are you open For Suggestion's?

This looks like Battlevoid Harbinger but with a more sophisticated strategy layer overtop of the tactical layer. I thought BV:H looked nice but got kind of boring after awhile. The main problem I had with it was that every battle played out just like the last and that it was hard to apply positional tactics like one would do in XCOM or a roguelike. Ships moved very slowly and there was no terrain on the field, so every battle felt like two whales sumo-wrestling.

If I could make a suggestion for the tactical layer, it would be to have more terrain on the field. Asterioids, gas clouds, buildings, gravitational anomalies and such, procedurally generated for each map, will make each battle a bit different. Ships could also launch drones which could generate temporary terrain (e.g., blind-spot discs, linear force fields, etc).

Other things like weapons that only have on hit effects (e.g., propulsion disruption, angular propulsion distruption, weapons lock, sensors lock, crew panic, inability to modify target) without doing damage would help make different ships complement each other, especially if there is such a variety of effects that no one ship could carry enough weapons to deal all of them.

As for the strategic layer, I think that there would be more replay value if the player were prevented from researching the entire tech tree on each playthrough. For example, if there are 12 ultimate technology items, perhaps the player will only be able to research 6-7 of them on the average playthrough.

Messages In This Thread
Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Redchaos - 06-06-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Redchaos - 06-06-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Hrochnick - 06-08-2017, 08:02 AM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Clap - 06-13-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Clap - 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Clap - 06-14-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by Clap - 06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by lemm - 07-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Tactical Screen wider, please - by Numak - 08-11-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by RogueAD - 08-24-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Are you open For Suggestion's? - by RogueAD - 08-24-2017, 10:42 PM