Is this similar or big improvement to Battlevoid Harbinger?

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 04:10 PM by Farwest.)

Definitely these are great additions! Now my mind is clearer after I learnt these and people who loved Harbinger would surely love Sector Siege more!

Now let's make a comparison here, this is what mentioned as Key Features on Steam:
  • Seamless cross-platform game play
  • Explore new procedurally generated sector maps each playthrough 
  • Superb customization of each unit you build
  • Board enemy ships; and build copies of them
  • Randomly generated events
  • Superb pixel graphics and effects
Generally, it is better to not mention Harbinger in Sector Siege page (treating each as different games will be better for new customers who learn Battlevoid title since Sector Siege).

But it won't hurt if new customers learn, Sector Siege is development over previous solid game (Harbinger). Therefore they can surely expect something better in this title. Thus it will be nice to mention
"A new Race is coming: Guardians"
(or "A new Race is coming to Harbinger Galaxy: Guardians")
Old and New Ships
etc.

By considering your unmentioned Key Features, I suggest this change to previous by breaking "Board enemy ships; and build copies of them" into two:
  • Board enemy ships and be ready to be boarded! 
  • Start building enemy ships as you capture, then use their technology against them!
Regardless of my words or suggestions, there are definitely plenty of Key Features to be added on Steam Description according to your message. Steam Description looks very empty now and your description here buys me.

Also please consider creating the description with pictures like "Everspace" or "Endless Space 2" did. That way, you can better describe Fog of War or building Ships (enemy or player faction alike) or New Race: Guardians, or RTS/Turn Based Galaxy with Resource Generation and Building Ships, Stations, etc. each under seperate titles and described shortly.

It is certain this game will sell awesome with this potential, I believe just it needs to be advertised better and I believe you will do. Please don't worry about fans and support from community, because everybody will support a good/solid game, but we are learning Sector Siege better just now. Therefore Steam/Android/iOS descriptipns should be very precise, highly detailed (without being wordy).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this similar or big improvement to Battlevoid Harbinger? - by Farwest - 10-20-2017, 04:05 PM