Solar power/panel ideas, possible bug?

Hi,

When i use a solar panel and connect it to the grid, it only works if you put a power node right next to it, attached, not even 1 block away, at least, it says it generates power to the node than, but, to my surrise, when you don't have a generator, that solar panel isn't making power, even though it says it's generating at 59%, it should therefore make power right? I don't know how you think solar panels work but if they are at 59% power output, they should be outputting power and sending it but it doesn't seem to do that. Maybe do an overhaul on the solar panel and make it so you can connect it to any powernode in range and send power to it no matter the distance because hey, it's electricity going through a line, it should work no matter the distance, at least for short distances like this. And also, make it so it does send out power when a generator is not connected to it so it can really power stuff in the ships we build, that's what it should be here for right? backup for incase we get low on energy rods for the generator so we can at least power up the food bays for instance so the plants don't die and power up the recycler so we can at least recycle energy scrap to get more energy rods... because right now, if the power dies out, that solar panel isn't giving out power, even at 59% power generation....

Great game though, keep going what you do. Hope to see it finished soon. ^.^

Messages In This Thread
Solar power/panel ideas, possible bug? - by Nodakear - 05-31-2020, 01:45 PM