Been a enjoyable journey so far

Thank you AdmiralGeezer for responding to my post.  I was going to start a new post but this seems appropriate.  I have new observations and questions I would like to ask.
Just for context:
Peaceful - No aliens - modified starting crew to 20 - use sandbox at start, very little if at all later on. I also have resources set to common. (yes I know, easy peasy nice and easy but Im old and dont have the reflexes I use to)
My first ship I named - To Borg with Love and used the whole ship palette - to say that it is large is an understatement.  I went thru the starmap exploring derelicts collecting new crew members. I ended with 28 crew members. Got to Eden and went on to the next starmap(really like this feature).  When I dropped, I decided to build another ship. While building I had a pirate come on by to say hello and since I was anchored building my new ship, instead of chasing and killing, I let it go. It came back and I promply destroyed the ship. Two Civilian faction ships dropped by me and I went about building my new ship and trading with the new ships.  After trading with them, instead of leaving they both turned into derelicts with both crew members dead(20 crew members). Question - is this normal behavior for the AI? It almost seems that if I wasnt building a new ship, both of those ships would have joined with me which has happened before. I know things are still being worked on and this subject has come up but thought I would give you the issue in the context of the game. 
Fires - they can be a pain in the ..... but can be somewhat mitigated.  Question - Is it normal for kitchen units and water purifiers to have a greater than normal chance on starting fires. Ive watched my 3 kitchen units go into needing repairs 1 at a time with no one near them. Ive watched my crew members go about the chores while half my ship is burning. Can we have a way do sound an alarm so every crew member helps put out the fire?
Lastly, any chance that when we land on the star that has Eden, we can hold off on quitting or moving on? Reason being is there are almost always resources that can be mined but cant because you either quit the game or move forward. Also, Eden was not at the last star system in my second playthough - is that normal?
Thanks again for a great game

Merkreus

Messages In This Thread
Been a enjoyable journey so far - by Merkreus - 06-10-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Been a enjoyable journey so far - by Merkreus - 06-17-2020, 07:24 PM