Been a enjoyable journey so far

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 03:46 AM by Steelcrow.)

(06-10-2020, 05:11 PM)Merkreus Wrote: I like to hunt and kill pirates and will chase them till dead.  Because of limited hand movements because of RA I do not attempt to board the newly destroyed pirate ship and will wait until their oxygen is exhausted.
Hey, I want to leave a comment that the most effective way to recruit new crew at the moment is to shoot down the small pirate ships, board them through a blown-out wall, and take their crew prisoner.
Even better when they send a single shuttle over and you surround them at your airlock.
When you set them with the "Recruit" button they periodically roll to join you.  The chance is <1% at first, but climbs to ~10% if you treat them well.  I'm on my 2nd game, started with the mining station, so started with 5 crew.  I'm on the 4th star system and just recently recruited my 12th crew member, so now 7 of my crew are former pirates.  I found a hypersleep chamber recruit last game, but no dice this time so far.

I do find it unintuitive that pirates are such a fruitful source of crew.  I think friendly comms with other ships that want to join the fleet, or a fairly high chance event that they have crew members interested in leaving their ship for another, or even slavers selling slaves to my fleet, should all be better ways to get crew.  I think if white-flag surrenders weren't so common in person-to-person combat, pirates wouldn't be so easy to take captive and hold until they give in to my pressure.

In this 4th system is a 4-turret pirate ship.  After getting my second ship outfitted for combat, I chased it down until it blew up.  I saved the game and sent 4 of my guys over in a shuttle, and out streamed a parade of ~15 pirates!  Somehow one of them is a Hero without a spacesuit.  I will probably let all these guys suffocate.

It's a fun game!

Messages In This Thread
Been a enjoyable journey so far - by Merkreus - 06-10-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Been a enjoyable journey so far - by Merkreus - 06-17-2020, 07:24 PM
RE: Been a enjoyable journey so far - by Steelcrow - 06-19-2020, 03:27 AM