DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven on PC/Mac/Linux by backing Kickstarter February 27th!

Hi, SweGamer!

Kickstarter actually charged cards only 12 hours ago =) It charges them after the campaign has ended. There will now be about 2 weeks of waiting until Kickstarter has been able to figure out which
cards worked and which didn't. Then they will send us the final backer data.

After this we will send access to the alpha, around mid April. So about 2 weeks. We will send it via the e-mail linked to your Kickstarter account.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 08:15 AM by SweGamer.)

Question: I pledged 30$ on Kickstarter (I was pledged at 25 feb but my bank messed up so it got sent 27 feb) when will I get the copy of the game ?

(04-01-2019, 08:12 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Hi, SweGamer!

Kickstarter actually charged cards only 12 hours ago =) It charges them after the campaign has ended. There will now be about 2 weeks of waiting until Kickstarter has been able to figure out which
cards worked and which didn't. Then they will send us the final backer data.

After this we will send access to the alpha, around mid April. So about 2 weeks. We will send it via the e-mail linked to your Kickstarter account.

Okey I can’t wait to test your game
(Half swe and half fin but i really love sauna and karhu and run to the freezing water for a dipp)

Already answered =) Around mid April. Will notify you via the email linked to your Kickstarter account.

(04-01-2019, 08:16 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Already answered =) Around mid April. Will notify you via the email linked to your Kickstarter account.

Yea sorry my phone messed up in the writing so I accedently made multiple treads
(Half swe and half fin but i really love sauna and karhu and run to the freezing water for a dipp)

Have to say this is i think actually first game that i have supported directly from Kickstarter and enought to get it when it finnished. Have to say the premises look good and has many game wipies that i like from DS9 to other classics.
Also have to support Finnish team too Smile
Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm. Blush 
shameful quote from deep dark www.

Thank you, Bolinar! =)

Congrats on a successful backing on kickstarter. With that said, look into the game star command. It literally does what you guys mention you need to work on. I'd use that as a good idea for reference regarding tweaking the game to auto resize and ui placements for the user (or just make it a freely floating ui the user can move around)

Hey @AdmiralGeezer

I have been watching some youtube kickstarter alpha plays and I have a suggestion.

Currently you have most information served on a plate - you know where resources are, if there are any ships in the system etc.

So, in order to make space life a little harder I propose you could add two new rooms/stations into Space Haven.

First would be a Sensor Station - when operated (automatically or manually like bridge/engine) it allows you to scan sector you are currently in - it would show what resources are in this location and could show lifesigns on other ships.
Upgraded Sensor Station would show exact resources quantity and how many and what species lifeforms are on other ships.

Second building would be Long Range Scanner, similar in nature but designed to scan whole star system you are currently in.

Please give it a thought, as I think it's a nice addition fitting into the theme. Smile

@Arturius.

Yeah, we have also had some scanner ideas in mind. Will give it a thought!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 04:07 PM by supernet2.)

Year's later, and i've come back to specifically ask the question, for this specific question. Have you guys made any progress regarding mobile screen gameplay? Or taken any feedback regarding such and gave it a go? I know i absolutely have been having a blast lately playing space haven after i get past the power system rework and starving problem with balancing everything out. But i was hoping it is still being reviewed or is in the works for a more mobile platform, like on android, like with your guys past iteration of games. I'd love to see it running on phones as much as starcommand, and hopefully you guys are still looking into it. Anyway cheers, and hope to hear positive news regarding this inquiry!

Edit: Forgot to mention i checked the GOG< STEAM < and kick starter release files up to current date 10/13/2022, if there was a point where the apk was released and i just happened to miss it, kindly point me to where they are as i don't see them in the gog build release, or files, steam release, or any of its files, and i don't see it in the kickstarter release or files.