Thoughts for improvement

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 03:37 PM by Scott.)

A few 'quality of life' improvements that should be easy to implement:
  • Date (maybe time) stamp on saved files. I went back after not playing for a while and wasn't sure which was my most recent game.
  • Show all ships in 'unlock new things screen' for ease of comparison. Most people won't have the specs memorized so being able to toggle between the ship you usually use and one to potentially unlock would be helpful.
  • Show prices in the 'unlock new things screen'. I realize price may vary by difficulty, but it's frustrating to unlock something only to realize later that it is so expense you probably will never use it.
  • Let my 'Saved' ship designs persist across sectors. It's annoying to have build a each ship step by step every sector when I am largely reusing the exact same ships. (With some method to delete saved designs so they are there forever if you change your mind on a design)
  • Let me 'build' ship weapons while the ship is being 'recruited'. I have on several occasions gotten distracted elsewhere in the sector while a ship was being 'recruited' and then sent it off without weapons because I thought I had built it from a 'saved' design (because I had saved that design 10 minutes before in the previous sector) and not an empty hull.
Some prices are weird. For instance:

BSE Avallon ............. Hull 1400 Sh 700 Turret 3 Point 2 Marines 78 Vision 5 - $1600
BSE Harvesterstation Hull 1200 Sh 600 Turret 2 Point 2 Marines 65 Vision 5 - $2000

Avallon is the same or better in every way AND cheaper.

Finally one of the unlock research trees has missiles which is already an unlocked option in weapons?

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

Harvesterstation soaks up debree from destroyed ships near to it and turns it into resources for you. So that additional ability is why it has higher price.

The research tree has missiles which is not the same as rockets. Missiles are homing, rockets just go straight.

Doesn't the main base not already harvest from everywhere? I constantly see debris flying in from beyond my ship/planet vision and into the base.

Speaking of which, it's a bit strange to upgrade the range of weapons beyond your vision. From a strategy point of view I suppose it doesn't matter, but it's a bit of a let down to not get to see the ship you are attacking explode. Consider raising the starting vision to the max upgradable weapon range which I think is 7/700.

The main base has a radius for soaking up debree, that radius usually covers the first mine points close to the base.

Non-visible ships cannot be attacked, although sometimes shots are fired into the darkness since the enemy was visible at the time of firing. Also, sometimes the enemy is just outside of the vision range graphically, but it's still visible. Like when the nose of the ship is tipping outside the fog of war but rest of the ship is in darkness. These situations can make it seem that it's possible for ships to fire into fog of war, but it's not.

All ships and fighters scout and make things visible so that's where the range comes into play.