List of my frustrations on my 1st playthrough

(05-23-2020, 06:44 PM)Akuvar Wrote: Soon you will encounter the logistics of supplies and creating better building blocks. This is a major stop-game situation for me. There are some items that you must have high-tech materials to build, and if you run out of those, you cannot proceed. The machines that make these high-tech materials require those high-tech materials to build them, so it is a catch-22. i cannot build a machine that makes widgets because it takes a widget to build it. Now, if you could recover widgets from derelicts, or trade from trade ships, it would be OK, but you can't. What they need to do is make sure you can build a machine that makes widgets without requiring a widget to build it. This is a natural thing in a lot of these empire building games. If I need dragon eggs, I need to build a dragon nest, which requires a dragon egg, so I can't build it and I can never get dragon eggs. So the dragon nest should NOT require a dragon egg to build it.
hi, 
to your point about needing lots of tech blocks to build the assembly line for tech blocks, here is something that worked well for me.

i had a similar roadblock where i didn't have enough tech blocks to make the series of machines the lead to making tech blocks.
i think sometimes you have to manage your resources by disassembling things you don't need at the moment. 
this is how i got around it on Medium difficulty.

i had used all my tech blocks to build the various consoles, a turret (saved me from a pirate) and crew entertainment when i first started heading out. i had 0 at that point.
when i got to place where i wanted to start making my own, i disassembled all the consoles save the navigation one (in case i had to bolt from a pirate), disassembled the turret, the arcades, the jukebox, the medical bed, and anything else i did not need right that minute.

then i built the assembly line of machines needed to make my own tech blocks. once i started making them, i started to rebuild what i had disassembled until i had it all back and still had the assembly line. (plus a second turrent)

i also traded with other ships for some infrablocks when i could, since they were cheap to buy (around 130 credits)

i've seen this complain on a few threads so i might make a thread mentioning this in case it can help other players.
this has been a very fun game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of my frustrations on my 1st playthrough - by darrengray9 - 05-27-2020, 06:31 PM