New player.

(07-01-2020, 07:49 AM)Viscera Wrote: Managed to get a handle on it by watching a set of videos on you tube by Rhadamant. They showed a good basic run through of playing the game from the off, and allowed me to see what i had missed in my fumblings.

Am now exploring some of the things i can do, and trying to work on my ergonomics of ship building....i am sure i need to lessen  that ingrained symetry requirement lurking inside me, and go more organic ...
lol, yeah, aesthetics are definitely not on the list of things to take care of at first.  Only expand when you need to, you've got plenty of space to blob in all directions, and symmetry doesn't affect the ship's functions in any way except logistics.  After getting on the move and establishing a supply chain you can go back and refine the ship according to tastes.
People may have to sleep on the floor for a few nights.

When I started, this was all a wall of stuff to learn, but as I learned what each object is for it got intuitive.  I'd say industry is the most convoluted system on a ship.  If you can get by with trading for tech and energy blocks from other ships, I say go for it.

Messages In This Thread
New player. - by Viscera - 06-29-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: New player. - by danzig70 - 06-29-2020, 10:46 AM
RE: New player. - by Steelcrow - 06-30-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: New player. - by Viscera - 07-01-2020, 07:49 AM
RE: New player. - by Steelcrow - 07-01-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: New player. - by Viscera - 07-02-2020, 08:57 AM